Skipping dinner?

Options
2»

Replies

• healthygreek
    healthygreek Posts: 2,137 Member
    Options
    Mon-Fri, I eat a 350 calorie breakfast, then lunch around 1 then nothing but a little snack till the next morning.
    My body naturally wants the most food at lunch so I eat most of my calories at that time.
    Sat and Sun, I skip lunch except for a small snack and eat a large dinner cause we go out to dinner on the weekend.
    This works really well for me and I been doing it for years. I'm at goal now.
    I call myself a bulk eater cause I'm not satisfied unless I have a lot of calories at least once a day.
  • GillianMcK
    GillianMcK Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    If you're craving carbs, could it be to do with the overall amount of calories you're eating, you might be eating too few calories for what you're doing??
    How many calories are you eating a day and what exercise are you doing, does it fit your TDEE or is it a bit low and your body is looking for energy boost (and going for the quick fix of sugar)??
    Personally I eat pretty much throughout the day, glass of whole milk, protein shake about an hour later, porridge about an hour after that, high protein lunch, normally a chicken breast (currently on high fat/protein, low carbs but that's just what I'm doing at the moment), full fat greek yogurt after lunch, another glass of milk, do my run/workout about 2hrs after that (higher sugars in the milk can make me crash half way through my run if I have it too close to the run), back home, dinner, then bed, so I graze throughout the day and never get hungry (I'm on approx 1750 calories and losing about 2lbs a week)

You can only try these things for a couple of weeks and see how they go, it's entirely up to yourself, just because it worked for someone else, doesn't mean it'll work for you, but you won't know unless you try.
  • FlowerFairy493
    Options
    If you're craving carbs, could it be to do with the overall amount of calories you're eating, you might be eating too few calories for what you're doing??
    How many calories are you eating a day and what exercise are you doing, does it fit your TDEE or is it a bit low and your body is looking for energy boost (and going for the quick fix of sugar)??
    Personally I eat pretty much throughout the day, glass of whole milk, protein shake about an hour later, porridge about an hour after that, high protein lunch, normally a chicken breast (currently on high fat/protein, low carbs but that's just what I'm doing at the moment), full fat greek yogurt after lunch, another glass of milk, do my run/workout about 2hrs after that (higher sugars in the milk can make me crash half way through my run if I have it too close to the run), back home, dinner, then bed, so I graze throughout the day and never get hungry (I'm on approx 1750 calories and losing about 2lbs a week)

You can only try these things for a couple of weeks and see how they go, it's entirely up to yourself, just because it worked for someone else, doesn't mean it'll work for you, but you won't know unless you try.

I doubt I eat too little. I'm 5'1, 21, 132lb, and eat 1500-1600 calories a day. I do weight training 5 times a week and do some cardio which burns approx. 200 calories a day.
  • DeadliftAddict
    DeadliftAddict Posts: 746 Member
    Options
    Why would you skip or not eat in the evenings? That's when you have your cravings right? Eat when your body wants you to eat. Not on some time schedule like "oh it's this o'clock I should eat."
  • FlowerFairy493
    Options
    Why would you skip or not eat in the evenings? That's when you have your cravings right?

Because it makes me eat an entire cake...and I'm not able to stop once I start.
  • FlowerFairy493
    Options
    Why would you skip or not eat in the evenings? That's when you have your cravings right? Eat when your body wants you to eat. Not on some time schedule like "oh it's this o'clock I should eat."

I listened to my body 2 months ago. I gained 6 pounds.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Well you can try. But every time I've gone over my calories and wanted to skip dinner... I ended up starving at 9pm and not making great choices.