Had a nervous breakdown!!!

Options
Well I went to Kohl's to get an outfit for my family pics tonight and ended up having a nervous breakdown! Every roll was sticking out over my muffin top and cottage cheese was overflowing!! I left the store with no new outfit and cried all the way home!! I should be proud that I lost 5 lbs this week but I just can't when I still don't like what I see in the mirror. My husband says I need to cut myself some slack because I just had a baby 12 weeks ago but I am just so frustrated! UGGHHHH!

Replies

• mamaisis09
    Options
    I agree with your husband. (I hate those 5 words btw, but it's true)

4 months Post baby and lost 5 pounds in a week! That's amazing! Look at the positives hun, you have a beautiful healthy baby, a husband who cares for your and the mindset to get healthy:)

There is beauty in everything. Stretch mark's have beauty, they mark how your little one grew inside of you, that jiggle has beauty, it marks how much cushion you provided your child. You are beautiful, and you are simply developing it into something even more extraordinary!
  • rnroadrunner
    rnroadrunner Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    He is right ! gret job on the 5lbs !! your baby took 9 mths so give your self at least that much time. keep up the good work.:drinker:
  • monkeymom11
    Options
    Thank you and I know I am so blessed with the things in my life, but I just wish I could lose this weight. I just need to learn to have patience and that doesn't come easy :)) Thank you.
  • miss_martin
    Options
    Umm... YES, you do need to cut yourself some slack! And 5 lbs in one week is really good progress! But I understand where you are coming from. I've lost 10 lbs but I still have a long way to go and I still don't feel very attractive in a lot of things and I tend to beat myself up as well. I find it easier to go shopping without my husband, grab a TON of things at once then try them on. I know I'm going to hate the way I look in 95% of them so I might as well take a huge stack so I don't have to keep running back and forth. Then I don't want to go back in the dressing room. (I'm sure this sounds crazy and a little neurotic to some people but it really does work... lol) Out of the huge stack of maybe 20 things I took in I will usually find two that I actually like. Sometimes if I'm really lucky I find more. But I always grab at least two sizes in most things because as your losing weight you never know how different sizes are going to look on you either. Or how you will feel in things. Also, don't stand there and beat yourself up or point out everything you don't like about yourself in every outfit. As soon as you put something on and you don't like it, take it off and try on the next one. Not only will this keep you from leaving in tears, it will keep you from spending all day in the dressing room with that huge stack of clothes you just carried in!!
  • AmberElaine84
    AmberElaine84 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    I also agree with everyone else...and I've been in your position!! My son was 2 months old, I needed new clothes, and nothing fit. Even when the next size up fit me, I still had rolls everywhere!! You are doing GREAT and you need to keep a positive attitude. You JUST had a baby!! Ever heard the old phrase "9 months on, 9 months off" ? It's true!!! Slow and steady wins the race. Keep your chin up and keep on doing all those things that are helping you lose the weight...it will pay off and it already has!! :heart:
  • WonderNoodle
    Options
    oh little monkey....sometimes outfits just suck. cuts of clothes just aren't flattering sometimes. we always blame ourselves when clothes don't look good on our bodies when in fact, the designer or manufacturer is to blame.

i say you put on some makeup and touch your hair (you'll feel better when you face the mirror if you're gorgeous to start with), get your best girlfriend and you go BACK to find a great outfit!

just because you are a size *insert number here*, doesn't mean all clothes are made alike. go up a size if it's too snug and you like it. **going up a size in a dressing room does not = gaining 10lbs in 30 seconds, it's just trying on a better fit. we now return you to our regular programmed message**.

get beauty and feel great tonight so it will show in your smile!
  • superwmn
    superwmn Posts: 936
    Options
    You are beautiful AS YOU ARE!

That said, every girl deserves to be smooth under her clothes. That's why THIS girl is a fan of the Torsette. You wear your own bra so it doesn't flatten you out. I extend my straps all the way so I can pull it down as low as it will go. This way it holds in my lower-abdomen pouch. They sell them at Walmart for like $20. The Torsette was a LIFESAVER as I was losing weight. I was able to wear fitted dresses and tops witout bumps/buldges/back fat...love it!

People would comment on how little my waist was. That's how awesome this support garment is.

Get thee to Walmart! The Torsette will smooth you out :)

Charmagne
  • Kalee34
    Kalee34 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    I know that nothing I or anyone else say will change what you see in the mirror, but It took you 9 months to gain all that baby weight it is not going to fall off in one day. Give yourself a little time 3 months is a very short time to expect to lose all that weight. And also, the slower you lose the weight the more likely you are to keep it off! You can do this, just take it one day at a time. I have been where you are 4 times, it is not fun, but it is doable! Chin up!!
  • Dencrossgirl
    Dencrossgirl Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    You know what give yourself a break you, if you had a friend that had a baby three months ago and she was feeling bad about herself, you would be kind and console her. You can't expect change overnight, you'll do ok, your body created a beautiful human being and it can take alot out of you. Take care
  • lastchance2010
    lastchance2010 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    There is beauty in everything. Stretch mark's have beauty, they mark how your little one grew inside of you, that jiggle has beauty, it marks how much cushion you provided your child. You are beautiful, and you are simply developing it into something even more extraordinary!
    [/quote]

that just made me get a lump in my throat...it's so very true!

Keep your head up mama! We're here to help motivate you! You'll get there...u really will. We all will!
  • queencelina
    queencelina Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    oh little monkey....sometimes outfits just suck. cuts of clothes just aren't flattering sometimes. we always blame ourselves when clothes don't look good on our bodies when in fact, the designer or manufacturer is to blame.

i say you put on some makeup and touch your hair (you'll feel better when you face the mirror if you're gorgeous to start with), get your best girlfriend and you go BACK to find a great outfit!

just because you are a size *insert number here*, doesn't mean all clothes are made alike. go up a size if it's too snug and you like it. **going up a size in a dressing room does not = gaining 10lbs in 30 seconds, it's just trying on a better fit. we now return you to our regular programmed message**.

get beauty and feel great tonight so it will show in your smile!

I AGREE^^ :)
  • DJJW
    DJJW Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    Rule #1 Ignore the size! Your body is going to be different that soon after a pregnancy. Screw what size you are, you want to feel good.

Rule #2 Fit the largest part of your body. If your more worried about your "muffin top" then fit that. Then work around it.

Shopping sucks until you find the perfect outfit. But you need a good outfit when your feeling down. Last time I went to go find a pair of jeans....20 try on in the dressing room and HATING it! The 20th pair made me feel AWSOME. Left feeling great, not defeated. Just be paitent.
  • monkeymom11
    Options
    Thanks for all of the support guys! I really appriecate it. Well pictures went good and they turned out beautiful!! My children even cooperated:) I ended up wearing something at home and I felt comfortable in it so I decided to be comfortable rather than stressing over a new outfit. Plus, I decided because I am still trying to lose the baby weight and I am losing the baby weight then I am not going to spend the money on a new outfit now. I am going to treat myself to a new outfit when I reach my goal or maybe even my mini goal. So thank you again for all of the support. You guys are amazing!!