Stay At Home Moms...

Options
What do you do to keep the kids busy and get your exercise in? My son is 4 and has ADHD so he requires a lot of attention. I need suggestions...

Replies

• JPotvin
    JPotvin Posts: 108
    Options
    Get a short DVD (30 Day shred, Jillian Michaels is my favorite). I have 2 kids...a 9.5 month old and a 2 year old. My 2 year old likes to do it with me sometimes, and sometimes he just watches...it is only 25 minutes. MY 9.5 month old likes to stand at he coffee table while banging it and watch. If he doesn't want to do it with you, give him something quiet to do....special book, magna doodle, coloring, puzzle, etc. that only comes out when you do your video. I do understand about ADHD, I worked in childcare for years....and actually am going back on Monday.
  • HidyleDidyle
    Options
    I understand the challenge! My son is autistic with ADHD as well. Sometimes we do the Wii Fit together, I also have Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred that he'll jump around for part of. But sometimes I let him play a game on the Wii and I just set the oven timer and go up and down our stairs (so he's entertained and I can keep an eye on him as I walk past). And then sometimes it just doesn't work and I either work out once he is in bed, or before he gets up, or when my husband is home and will play with him.

Hang in there! He might surprise you and get used to seeing you exercise too. My son (and daughter) often ask, "Mom - what are you doing? Are you exercise?" They are learning that it is okay that Mommy is doing something different that doesn't involve directly playing with them!