Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shredd

Options
I saw somebodys post on here and they said that the Jillian Michaels 30 day shredd was worth the money. I totally AGREE!!! I downloaded it from www.exercisetv.tv for only $9.99. This is for all three sessions. The first session alone is kicking my butt but I am noticing that my endurance is getting stronger after only three days. You work at your own pace and only move onto the second session after you are comfortable with the first. Jillian Michaels makes it simple and there are modified versions for those who arent in shape yet (that would be me). This exercise is WAY worth the money. I would soooo recommend this one. Thanks to whoever posted this.

Replies

• mamastuck
    Options
    Its very worth it for some but I also have to advise that my Physical Therapist and Dr both advise against her... Calling her basically not much more than media hype. So if it works for you AWESOME but please dont get discouraged if it doesnt
  • HerbieSue
    Options
    I totally agree with you. I am not able to do it except for 2 or three times a week but have seen the results! I moved up to level two easily but when I thought I was ready for level three................well, I am back to level two, but I really enjoy it and really work up a sweat at every workout!
  • willimh
    willimh Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Make sure you do it cause it really helped me plus it's only about 25 mins with the warm up and cool down. I am on level 3 and it is not as bad as level 1 and 2. keep up the good work.
  • HerbieSue
    Options
    Make sure you do it cause it really helped me plus it's only about 25 mins with the warm up and cool down. I am on level 3 and it is not as bad as level 1 and 2. keep up the good work.

You are my hero, and I hope to move up to level three (again) soon!!! Those one handed push-ups killed me!
  • superwmn
    superwmn Posts: 936
    Options
    [/quote]

You are my hero, and I hope to move up to level three (again) soon!!! Those one handed push-ups killed me!
    [/quote]

One handed push-ups! Sweet Fancy Moses!
  • 1harleygal
    1harleygal Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    :laugh: I totally agree as well, it kicks butt in more ways than one! :laugh:
  • amelia_atlantic
    amelia_atlantic Posts: 926 Member
    Options
    I liked the routine and it certainly kicked my butt (and arms and shoulders and abs!) but I can't get into working out at home AT ALL.

I prefer the gym hands down!
  • loxleys
    loxleys Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    I love it - I think Jillian is a little annoying at times but like a sgt major she makes you work out!!

good luck with it.
  • tolygal
    tolygal Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    People may want to yell at me for this but I'm going to put myself out there anyway. I was super annoyed by many things about the video the very first time I used it. For example: 1. they do not move to the beat of the music (what the heck???). 2. She says something like don't stop, go right into the next move, and yet they stand still when transitioning to the next move (I don't when I do it since I know what's coming next and I'm really trying to get the most out of it). 3. You can't FF through her introduction - do I really need to hear that every time? 4. The way she enters the room and the end of their little conversation "... you think you can handle it, ha ha, we'll see..." UGH! So annoying. 6. I absolutly hate it when the instructor stops doing the workout and walks around talking and pointing things out. Give me a break. Let's see you keeping up with your own workout! 6. And speaking of days, I don't think it's okay to do the exact same thing day after day after day. My muscles and my body NEED to do different things and they need some rest. If you do the same thing every day, you're really just training your body to get better at that one thing. As soon as you try something different, you'll learn that you're really not as fit as you thought. At least that's how it works for me. I prefer to have variety and confusion for my body. I also have a really hard time believing that 20 minutes can take the place of "hours at the gym." I like more cardio that this. So I still do my other stuff and just add this for the strength.

That said, I do like that it gives me a way to get some strength training at home, plus it throws in a nice little burst of cardio. I do feel it working, which is what's really important. At some point, I'll probably need something more, but I like it for now. I'm not looking for a 'body building' workout, but I do want to get stronger and tone my muscles. I believe this video will do that for me - but on my own terms. I do every move to it's fullest to get the most out of it, but then I let my body rest instead of doing it every day.
  • loxleys
    loxleys Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    @tonya, like you I find it annoying that you can't ff the dvd to the circuits. I start the next exercise before it starts too, i've also noticed natalie looking bored of the exercise or slacking off when camera not on her, i've just finished my first full 30days but am going to continue but will do diff sessions each time as it gets boring doing same thing day in day out. But that said I have got up every morning at 6 to do the workout before work and I have lost inches all over so I'm not going to complain too much. If I could afford it i'd hire a personal trainer, but until then i'll stick with jillian, because its working.
    I think its a good home workout dvd. I'm not shredded just yet but maybe one day ....
  • LilynEdensmom
    LilynEdensmom Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    I definatly think its is worth the money didn't lose much weight just my normal pound a week (also didn't finish my full 30 days b/c I got sick ) but in 21 days I lost 1.5 inches from my waist and 2 from my hips...defiantly going to go at it again probably next month.
    I just put in my mp3 player and ignore jillian and just follow the movements after I watch it once b/c she annoys me to, but the work out was good.
  • sarakaufman
    sarakaufman Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I just started this and I don't have a hm so I was wondering how many calories did I burn for 15mins. I know thats nothing but man its my first time and my legs,arms,butt, and abs all hurt. I didn't think I was able to walk. BUt I would like to know the calories burned
  • jenlayport
    jenlayport Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    It has worked GREAT for me. I finished did a 30 day round at the end of 2010 w/ 20lbs lost, Now Im round 2 with about another 10 lbs lost. I do it 5 days a week and jog on Saturdays. I switch up my routine though--- I'll do level 3, 2, 1, 3, 2 M-F. I love it and plan on doing another round when Im done with this!
  • jenlayport
    jenlayport Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I just started this and I don't have a hm so I was wondering how many calories did I burn for 15mins. I know thats nothing but man its my first time and my legs,arms,butt, and abs all hurt. I didn't think I was able to walk. BUt I would like to know the calories burned

I don't use a HRM, but I log it as 'circuit training' for 20 min. I read it's pretty accurate.
  • sarakaufman
    sarakaufman Posts: 58 Member
    Options

I don't use a HRM, but I log it as 'circuit training' for 20 min. I read it's pretty accurate.
    Thanks
  • aschultz9
    Options
    I like it for something "different" once in a while. I tried the 30 days and thought that the 20 min was def not enough of a workout. I've done 2 or 3 levels in a row for a more complete workout, or run for 30-45 in addition to. Once I got used to the routine she goes through, I wear my iPod while I'm doing it so I don't have to listen to her, because she is kind of annyoing.
  • RachMartin
    RachMartin Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I think the 30 day shred DVD is good however I don't do it for more than 2 days in a row as I'm aching all over so I prefer to do tennis or a different work out dvd for a couple of days then return to 30day shred.

Not what Jillian advises but I find it hard working the same muscles that are aching from the day before as I don't feel I am getting the most out of it if they aren't "freshly rested"

I have a couple of her other DVDs too, "six week six pack" and "banish fat, boost metabolism" (this one is more of a work out with a warm up, then 7 x 6 minute cardio circuits then cool down - for those of you who don't find the 20mins long enough)

I love Jillian but I do think that mixing it up is the key rather than doing the same routine day in day out as you will find you move up to the next level because you are bored rather than truly ready :-)

Rach xxx