Bodia Media Vs Body Bugg

Krizzle4Rizzle
Krizzle4Rizzle Posts: 2,704 Member
edited September 22 in Fitness and Exercise
I want to buy myself this as a christmas gift, but I can't decide which one is better. Help!

Replies

• willimh
    willimh Posts: 227 Member
    I have the body bugg and I would not trade it for the world. It is a helpful tool in keeping track of your activity.
  • Mindful_Trent
    Mindful_Trent Posts: 3,954 Member
    As far as I can tell, they work exactly the same for counting calories and steps. The only difference is that (from what I've seen/heard) the BodyBugg doesn't do the sleep analysis that BodyMedia FIT does. I like that particular feature, so I'd go with BodyMedia FIT (I have an older version of that device called a GoWear FIT). However, if the sleep feature doesn't matter to you, I'd go with whatever is cheaper! You have to look at both the device itself and what deal you can get regarding the subscription to the website (which is required to use the product). When I bought mine, the BodyMedia product was slightly cheaper, with 3 months free subscription if I bought it off Amazon. I bet you can find some good deals for both products this time of year! I know someone said the BodyMedia FIT is sold at Costco for a good price, with a really good deal on the web subscription (I think it was 6 or 7 months free...not quite sure).
  • BlessedMystique
    BlessedMystique Posts: 108 Member
    I have a BodyMedia Fit, and I am in love with it. When I was deciding which one to buy
    I read that the BodyBugg does not monitor your sleep. I love that feature on my Media Fit
    It tells me how many hours I spent lying down, and how many I was actually asleep, and how
    efficient my sleep was. Also the BodyBugg was just too expensive for my liking, I couldnt
    find one for under 250. I got my BodyMedia fit for 159 at BestBuy.
  • lastchance2010
    lastchance2010 Posts: 494 Member
    Does this Body media fit require a subscription or is it incl. for a time with the price? I think the body bugg comes with the 1 yr sub. I've been trying to find something as well, but I'm just not sure wut to get considering my budget can't afford it right now, but I do know that when I can get it I want to know I'm getting the better one for my money. Any input appreciated. Happy losing!
  • Mindful_Trent
    Does this Body media fit require a subscription or is it incl. for a time with the price? I think the body bugg comes with the 1 yr sub. I've been trying to find something as well, but I'm just not sure wut to get considering my budget can't afford it right now, but I do know that when I can get it I want to know I'm getting the better one for my money. Any input appreciated. Happy losing!

It depends on where you buy it. At costco's website it's 169.99 right now and that is WITH a 12 month subscription.
    Best Buy is selling it online for 199.99 with NO subscription.
    Amazon.com is selling it for 179.99 with no subscription... when I bough my version

Other places may have other deals... you'll want to look around. These prices are for the normal version, not the blue tooth version, which is way cooler - it syncs up with your smart phone wirelessly.
  • LadyBarb
    LadyBarb Posts: 116
    I have the BMF and I have the older unit from earlier this year before the upgrade and I love it. Here is a link to see the differences.

http://www.bodymedia.com/site/blog_files/product_table.html
    Barb
  • Nina74
    Nina74 Posts: 470 Member
    I recently got the Body Media Fit (not with the upgraded bluetooth) and I really love it. I didn't realize how poorly I sleep (how many times I wake up every night & how little on the week days). I know BodyMedia recently had a 20% off sale on their website and they have free shipping until the end of this year.
  • MisdemeanorM
    MisdemeanorM Posts: 3,493 Member
    I'm looking at an older model - GoWear Fit on ebay. I wanted to know if anyone knows how this might be different than the newer generation models. I know that the really new ones have Bluetooth etc, but just as far as the basic model goes - it looks like the older ones are the black ones and the newer ones the gray ones - are they slimmer, smaller, more accurate? If I'm going to buy one, I want a good one, but if there is no difference, I'll get the cheaper older used model! :)
  • HollyMac20
    HollyMac20 Posts: 259 Member
    I just got my BodyBugg and this is my second day wearing it. I like it so far. Still determining how I am going to use the data to my advantage. I did also get the digital display, which I would highly recommend. Keeps you in check throughout the day. The BodyBugg does not do the sleep analysis, but I found I couldn't sleep with it on anyway. I kept waking up, feeling the elastic around my arm.
  • 35again
    35again Posts: 46 Member
    I've had the BMF for about 2 weeks now and loving it so far. I too love that I see how well (or not) I'm sleeping. I bought mine off Ebay, so I had to sign up for a subscription. As far as sleeping with it on, I don't even notice it. In fact one time I almost forgot to take it off before my shower becuz I tend forget I'm wearing it.
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    I want to buy myself this as a christmas gift, but I can't decide which one is better. Help!

BodyMedia and BodyBugg are the same device different software. They are both made by BodyMedia.
  • Mindful_Trent
    BodyMedia and BodyBugg are the same device different software. They are both made by BodyMedia.

They may seem to be identical, but they don't function exactly the same - see the spec sheet that mrsbastuart linked to... I was suprised at some of the differences (activity level differences, only one of them does the sleep analysis, only one offers the nutrition assessment, etc.)
    I have the BMF and I have the older unit from earlier this year before the upgrade and I love it. Here is a link to see the differences.

http://www.bodymedia.com/site/blog_files/product_table.html
    Barb
  • iamstaceywood
    iamstaceywood Posts: 383 Member
    I got my bodybugg for 170 with 6 months subscription and found that it wasn't sensical to buy it used. Defnitly new was the way to go coz they give you the free membership rather than having to buy that and the device and mine was wonky and went on the fritz once i had it a few weeks and they replaced it no probl em so i m glad i had the warranty. otherwise id be screwed.
    I wanted thebody media but, i love my bugg and am very happy with it. I don't know how the software works ont eh bodymedia but, i know the bodybuggs food logging sucks and took me a while to get used to but, while i got used to it i just logged on mfp and moved my numbers over to look likei ate one huge meal all day.
    I love love love love the bugg.
  • MisdemeanorM
    MisdemeanorM Posts: 3,493 Member
    OK, I splurged and bought a Body Media on ebay. $100 shipped and it comes with the band and the display. Even if I have to pay a subscription separately it's still a lot cheaper (i really wanted the display too so I can track my HR from time to time and eat as I go on the calories instead of retrospectively viewing them when I sync up.)

The thing I am most excited about though is the sleep analysis! I KNOW I am awake a lot, but I never know HOW awake I am. I might get up once or twice, but I am awake 6 or 8 times. I wonder how awake I really am when it comes to analyzing how it affects my overall sleep if I am just fluffing my pillow and rolling back over 15 times a night.
This discussion has been closed.