weight loss coach

Options
hey i need some serious help my boyfriend told me i need to lose weight plz message me or reply

Replies

• BigT555
    BigT555 Posts: 2,067 Member
    Options
    omitting the fact that you should be doing this for yourself and not your bf, along with the fact that your bf shouldnt be telling you to lose weight (at least not in the way you've stated), go through some of these links; http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/833026-important-posts-to-read?hl=important+posts&page=1

based of your 4 posts asking for help in the past hour you dont have much base knowledge on nutrition and exercise, and we cant just tell you exactly what to do, you need to figure alot of it out on your own
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    you need to do some serious reading and at least get a good base knowledge of how weight loss works. No one here is going to tell you what to do or how to do it, that's up to you.

And read:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants
  • gypsy_spirit
    gypsy_spirit Posts: 2,107 Member
    Options
    You should have posted yesterday afternoon. Weight Loss Coaches were coming out of the woodwork.
  • meganz96
    Options
    ur right but i just need guiding and thanks for the link
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,404 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Why don't we start simple, what is your height and weight. Do you have a workout routine?
  • meganz96
    Options
    Why don't we start simple, what is your height and weight. Do you have a workout routine?
    oh finally 5' 5'' and 135 i dont have a routine but i workout
  • meganz96
    Options
    im not losing weight for my bf its for myself so i need help about that not about my relationship thanks for everybody
  • psuLemon
    Options

So you are a healthy weight, in fact, you are in the dead middle. But if you want to lower your body fat, I would suggest a moderate deficit (no more than 1 lb per week) and a workout routine that would focus on weight training with some cardio for overall health.

So the question comes down to, how long per day do you want to workout, do you have any medical conditions. I suspect you will be around 1700-2100 calories per day but we need more information before we an suggest anything.

BTW, I am going to delete your belly fat thread as this thread can address that topic as well.
  • psuLemon
    Options
    Also, for everyone else, lets stay on topic.

2. No Hi-Jacking, Trolling, or Flame-baiting

Please stay on-topic in an existing thread, and post new threads in the appropriate forum. Taking a thread off-topic is considered hi-jacking. Please either contribute politely and constructively to a topic, or move on without posting. This includes posts that encourage the drama in a topic to escalate, or posts intended to incite an uproar from the community.
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options

For your height and weight you are in the middle of healthy weight and your BF is telling you to lose the weight?? :huh: Yeah dump the boyfriend!!!! :happy:
  • meganz96
    Options

So you are a healthy weight, in fact, you are in the dead middle. But if you want to lower your body fat, I would suggest a moderate deficit (no more than 1 lb per week) and a workout routine that would focus on weight training with some cardio for overall health.

So the question comes down to, how long per day do you want to workout, do you have any medical conditions. I suspect you will be around 1700-2100 calories per day but we need more information before we an suggest anything.

BTW, I am going to delete your belly fat thread as this thread can address that topic as well.
    i dont know my body fat percentage but i think its high i can workout 1 hour
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options

you dont need to lose weight.. you probably just need to reduce your bodyfat a bit... small deficit and some strength/resistance trainng.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options

For your height and weight you are in the middle of healthy weight and your BF is telling you to lose the weight?? :huh: Yeah dump the boyfriend!!!! :happy:

and this!
  • runner475
    runner475 Posts: 1,236 Member
    Options
    Also, for everyone else, lets stay on topic.

2. No Hi-Jacking, Trolling, or Flame-baiting

Please stay on-topic in an existing thread, and post new threads in the appropriate forum. Taking a thread off-topic is considered hi-jacking. Please either contribute politely and constructively to a topic, or move on without posting. This includes posts that encourage the drama in a topic to escalate, or posts intended to incite an uproar from the community.

Thank you so much for stepping in. Truly appreciated.
  • psuLemon
    Options

If you exercise 5-6 days a week, you should be eating around 1800 calories per day with around 40% carbs, 30% protein and 30% fats. Custom profiles can be set up here: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/account/my_goals . I also generally recommend getting 30-50g of fiber a day to good health and getting adequate nutrients and vitamins.

The biggest thing you should do is get a good food scale (less than $20 on amazon - i personally like my Ozeri), log every day and be as accurate as possible.

Based on your current knowledge, I would recommend picking up the new rules of lifting for women and follow that book. It helps lay out nutrition and will provide a fixed program to help you develop technique and knowledge of equipment.
  • 19kat55
    19kat55 Posts: 336 Member
    Options

If you exercise 5-6 days a week, you should be eating around 1800 calories per day with around 40% carbs, 30% protein and 30% fats. Custom profiles can be set up here: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/account/my_goals . I also generally recommend getting 30-50g of fiber a day to good health and getting adequate nutrients and vitamins.

The biggest thing you should do is get a good food scale (less than $20 on amazon - i personally like my Ozeri), log every day and be as accurate as possible.

Based on your current knowledge, I would recommend picking up the new rules of lifting for women and follow that book. It helps lay out nutrition and will provide a fixed program to help you develop technique and knowledge of equipment.

+10, so nice to see someone actually trying to be helpful instead of snarky.
  • sloth3toes
    sloth3toes Posts: 2,212 Member
    Options
    Bump. Just to follow.
  • xcalygrl
    xcalygrl Posts: 1,897 Member
    Options

Agree with all of this.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options

*peeks around*

Well, this is awkward. Your ticker showed 55 pounds to lose an hour ago. Now it shows 40, but you are saying that you're 5'5" and 135 pounds? Can we ask what your actual goal weight is and how you came up with it or is that off topic too?
  • meganz96
    Options

*peeks around*

Well, this is awkward. Your ticker showed 55 pounds to lose an hour ago. Now it shows 40, but you are saying that you're 5'5" and 135 pounds? Can we ask what your actual goal weight is and how you came up with it or is that off topic too?
    so what i want to be 95
This discussion has been closed.