Will this help me maintain my weight?

Options
I'm 5'6 And in the past few months,weighing 55-56kg I've embarked on a grueling workout regime and strict diet and finally got down to 48kg.I'm really happy and satisfied with all my efforts and my weight now and my weight has even dropped to 46-47kg.I don't want to continue losing weight and I sort of wanna end my eating disorder,where I was obsessed with food and calories.So,I stopped hitting the gym and running like usain bolt for 40 minutes everyday (HAHA).Instead,I've switched to light stretches & yoga every morning & before bed.Also,I walk to college and back everyday for about..30-40 minutes in total per day 6 days a week.I've also allowed myself to slowly introduce higher calorie but healthy food choices,like adding avocado & olive oil in my salads,increasing the amount of oats in my oatmeal etc.I don't have a sweet tooth and I have about 5 small meals a day because my stomach just can't take in large portions of food (it's always been like this since I was a kid.I was born with a weak & sensitive tummy).So my main concern here is that,will my change in exercise routine help me maintain my weight?Like from running to walking & yoga?

Replies

• r5d5
    r5d5 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I'm no exercise expert, so hopefully someone else can give you a more informed answer, but speaking from personal experience...I was eating 1200 calories to lose weight, doing cardio for 40 to 60 min a day with alternating weight days. After getting to my goal weight, I increased my calories to 1350 to maintain, and now I only do cardio for 30 min every other day, with light cardio and wight lifting in between those days. So, I'm less intense with my workouts and even with increased calories, I've been maintaining my goal weight for about a year now.
    Hope that helps!
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    Why don't you try logging your food and exercise and see how they balance? If you use MFP to calculate your calorie needs to maintain, that will give you a ballpark.

At this point, I often find that MFP tells me I need to eat MORE rather than less. I find that helpful.

If logging makes you obsess too much, why not just measure every week instead? If your weight and inches don't change, you are maintaining. It certainly sounds like a healthy exercise routine.