30 day shred and HRM

hpsnickers1
hpsnickers1 Posts: 2,783 Member
edited September 22 in Fitness and Exercise
Ok. I did my first day of the 30 day shred and had my HRM on. According to the HRM, the activty lasted 28 minutes (that's when I turned it off). It said (after subtracting my 'resting calories burned') I burned 299 calories. I'm 130 pounds. Does this sound right?

MFP has my BMR at 1520 and I chose Sedentary because I have a desk job (I do get in a bit of walking through the day).

Replies

• robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    depends on how hard you worked. and other factors. I have never hit 200 doing shred, but I am 5'2" and 106 lbs....
  • ickybella
    ickybella Posts: 1,438 Member
    I only count the actual workout, not the warm-up or cool down. For level 1, I burn 204 for 22 minutes and I'm 5'6.5" and 164 pounds.
  • that sounds about right. were you following anita or natalie? LOL
  • Sporty98
    Sporty98 Posts: 320 Member
    I think it will depend on what size weights you were using, too.....I use 8 lb. weights for most of the exercises. (There are a few that I can't manage with that weight.) I don't think it sounds too awfully high.....I am 129, and burn just below that on each 30 DS. How hard you push yourself with change the burn, too.
  • bree1609
    bree1609 Posts: 136
    I stop mine at 28 minutes, too. I get between 245 and 250. Yours sounds right, too. It all depends on the body type and how hard you're working it :-)
  • hpsnickers1
    hpsnickers1 Posts: 2,783 Member
    Hmmm. I'm just wondering about the HRM. Just sitting there for a minute it shows me burning 4 calories and that seems awful high for just sitting. I am pretty out of shape even though I'm in the upper range of a healthy BMI. I was doing treadmill intervals up until a couple of weeks ago but they were only 30 minutes and only a few days a week. I just don't know.

The only exercise I had to modify was the pushups. My arms are in really bad shape. And I only stopped a few times for a few seconds.
  • Jessica_Lo
    Jessica_Lo Posts: 199 Member
    Ok something has to be wrong. I bought a HRM, the same one my girlfriend uses and I used it for the first time yesterday doing Shred it. It said I lost 28 calories. 28!!!! WTF and how is that possible? What am I doing wrong? I'm not that overweight. 5 ft even and 113 lbs but come on...28 calories!! NO WAY.

I was completely out of breath when I was done so it wasn't like I was strolling through it and I was doing Level 2.

Help!
  • robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    I'm guessing it lost signal shortly after you started.
    Tighten the chest strap as tight as it can go and wet the contacts really well.

Mine cut out during level 2 constantly, it's the plank position that does it...

Try what I said and try it with level 1.

To get the contacts to stay against your skin during level 2, you can try putting it UNDER your sports bra.
  • Jessica_Lo
    Jessica_Lo Posts: 199 Member
    I'm guessing it lost signal shortly after you started.
    Tighten the chest strap as tight as it can go and wet the contacts really well.

Mine cut out during level 2 constantly, it's the plank position that does it...

Try what I said and try it with level 1.

To get the contacts to stay against your skin during level 2, you can try putting it UNDER your sports bra.

It doesn't have a chest strap. It's only the watch portion. :( Could it be anything else?
This discussion has been closed.