HELLPPP!! :(:(

Options
Ok, so recently (the last 2/3 weeks or so) iv had barely any motivation to go to the gym, but i have been going then id probably be to tired to go and skip 2/3 day, and my diet has fell REALLY far behind, i cant help binge on crappy foods and going over calorie intake ect, and i feel more crappier after i do that, and as a result im always kicking myself.. iv no idea whats wrong with me lately and i hate hate hate it !! Soo has anybody got any advice on how i could go about getting my motivation ect back and has anybody been through something similar ??:( plus i think im deficient in iron because when i pull my eyelids down there reallllyyy pale lol !

Replies

• StaciMarie1974
    StaciMarie1974 Posts: 4,138 Member
    Options
    Telling yourself you can't help it is giving you a permanent excuse.

Pick one obstacle, set a goal, and nail it this week. It could be doing X workouts, or logging everything no matter what, or limiting 'crappy food' to one per day. You choose what is the biggest hurdle for you and focus on that. Next week add in another goal.

You can do - just have to take control and drop the excuses.
  • EmmieBaby
    EmmieBaby Posts: 1,235 Member
    Options
    first: only you can motivate you, if you want it bad, do it. no excuses no tomorrows, right now.

Second: if you think you have a iron deficiency, see a doctor about taking supplements or eating more iron dense foods

Third: we all fall off the horse every now and then (I have recently) dust off and get back on.
  • W31RD0
    W31RD0 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Everything you need is going to come within. Nothing anyone says here is going to change it if you really don't want it.

Do you want to get to your goals? You aren't paralyzed, you have a gym you can access, no one is putting a gun to your head and forcing you to overeat or skip gym. It's you. You are the one who is holding yourself back. And if you really, really wanted it you could do this. It's a one day at a time thing, and you are still in the race. Sounds to me like you would rather lose than inconvenience yourself.
  • CupcakeCrusoe
    CupcakeCrusoe Posts: 1,382 Member
    Options
    I find looking at old pictures of much fatter me to be great motivation. I keep a picture of me around so that when I look at it, I put down the cookie that I haven't worked into my daily cals.
  • WisteriaLady
    WisteriaLady Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Personally I would build yourself up gradually, rather than throwing yourself right into it!

However dont think it would do you any harm to go talk to your doctor. Explain your symptoms etc to them, if you do have an Iron Deficiency then they will pick up on it.

Hope you get sorted xx
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    You can help it. And I get it, I've derailed the last few months but am working to get back on track. This is my first official week and I've done well about 1/2 the time and am ok with that. Baby steps, right?

Go back to square one. Remind yourself why you want to lose the weight and get fit. Set weekly goals and put plans in place regarding how to meet those goals. You did it before, you can do it again.
  • daejhamilan
    Options
    You have to really want it my dear. Try aqua classes at your gym. They're fun and u get one hellova workout without feeling like you are killing yourself. I use other women's appearances as a motivator as well. Real Sexi Barbie has been an amazing motivator for me. She looks amazing! I was like you though and finally one day I got sick of looking like this and decided to dedicate myself to a plan. It's working too. Ive been working out for 3 weeks now, just Aqua Classes. I see a visible difference and that motivates me even more. Good luck.
  • LaurenV3636
    LaurenV3636 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys! Il book into the doctor monday! , i was just wondering what helped people when they fell off the bandwagon and if it had a big impact on the result
  • bykowskia
    bykowskia Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    From my experience, there is no silver bullet. Despite best efforts, motivation may wax and wane. But just remember... keep going. It is best to expend energy thinking about current state and future state, rather than focusing on how you feel badly about not doing something you expected yourself to do.

Keep pointing yourself in the right direction and you will get there.
  • jdhcm2006
    jdhcm2006 Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    I started a new job at the beginning of July and for some reason I found myself backsliding into my old habits. It took me a good 4 weeks to start to get everything back under control. I just had to tell myself that the progress I made was not worth losing and that I still have work to do, so get to it.

We all get demotivated sometimes, but you have to muscle through it by remembering why you started this journey in the first place.
  • Chezzie84
    Chezzie84 Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    first: only you can motivate you, if you want it bad, do it. no excuses no tomorrows, right now.

Second: if you think you have a iron deficiency, see a doctor about taking supplements or eating more iron dense foods

Third: we all fall off the horse every now and then (I have recently) dust off and get back on.

^^ This
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options
    Go back to what was working for you in the beginning, like it's a fresh start. Pre-log your food and stick to it. If something comes up, you can always make changes. Make up an exercise plan on a calendar where you can see it (I use a small spiral bound calendar), and stick to it. You just have to....stick to it.

ETA this. http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/925464-fitting-it-in-giggity It's a huge help for filling out your diary without feeling deprived.
  • bj160
    bj160 Posts: 1
    Options
    I suggest taking a week off. Take a week off, focus on eating clean again, and then when your body is rested and nourished properly, get back into the gym. Start with small goals of 1-2 times per week for the first two weeks and you will probably get motivated and back into the swing of it. Hope it works out for you :)
  • LianaG1115
    LianaG1115 Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    When your stuff gets tighter you'll get motivation enough to change your ways...that's what it did for me!!
  • ntbadseed
    ntbadseed Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I couldn't get motivated, so I started focusing on my environment. I have painted rooms, moved furniture around, etc. I started getting more energy from moving around so much, and started feeling really happy with my redecorating progress, that my exercise and diet fell into place. :) Focus on what you love doing, and everything else will fall into place.
  • VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,952 Member
    Options
    Try a different diet methodology. Sometimes it can perk up your interest again.
    Try IF or vegetarian or something for a week and see how it goes. Then once you feel ready, go back to what you know reallyl works for you.
  • Sigmon4202
    Options
    Okay MFP peeps. I have started a diet and exercise plan to lose 10lbs for my first goal. I am currently at 155lbs and need to be at 135-140lbs for a healthy BMI. Also, non of my pants fit anymore. LOL.

I would really appreciate some help staying on track, as I have a problem binge eating at home after work and then also deciding not to exercise.

Thanks! L