Noob to MFP looking for help & support!

Options
Ok so basically, im 19 years old in 2 weeks and weigh 177lbs at 5ft 10".
I really want to lose my gut and get toned.

I very recently started using myfitnesspal because it's a great way to count my calories so I am not aimlessly trying to lose weight with no way of tracking it. I set up my profile with my height and weight etc and I am on 1500 calories a day.

This being said, it's sometimes hard to count my calories for my dinner as I live at home and get what dinner i'm given basically.

Sometimes I do go out and buy something for myself so I know the exact calories, but most of the time it's hard to do so, so I just go for a long walk after dinner to burn 300-400 calories to be on the safe side.

Eating the 1500 calories a day seems perfectly fine to me and it's not a bother to do, however I am really clueless on what to do to help me tone up and how to go about the whole process. I downloaded a 7 minute high intensity work-out app that I am yet to try out however some people say it's nonsense.

I would really appreciate any help I can get as I know there's a lot of people out there that are really clued up on this sort of thing. If this post has made no sense in the goals I want to achieve please let me know, I can answer any of your questions as I would really like all the help I can get.

I have the motivation, I just don't have the knowledge.