Is this a reasonable goal for what Im intaking?

Options
Hi! So Im just wondering if this is a reasonable goal or if I should cut a few calories. So My goal is to try to lose 80-90lbs by July 2015. Im about 240 (I was like 239 last I weighed, so I rounded up) My intake is 1810, and I will usually eat back at least half of my exercise calories. I am currently nursing a 9week old also. My exercise goals at the moment are 30 minutes, 3 days a week. (Although Im actually trying for an hour a day) Is this reasonable? Or do you think Ill have to cut some calories in order to reach my goal of losing that amount of weight by july?

Replies

• jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    I think that is reasonable. I would not cut any calories right now. First, you are nursing so it is important to do whatever it takes to keep up with your ability to do that. Second, cutting calories is something that can be done down the line when you find that your weight loss is slowing.

Congrats on the new little one, by the way :)
  • kem316
    kem316 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I just friended you because we have the same amount of weight to lose. That sounds pretty reasonable. I honestly don't think I'll be down to 150 by next July as that would be two lbs a week every single week and I know the less you have to lose, the less your going to lose per week. The calorie goal seems reasonable especially with nursing. You definitely don't want too much of a deficit as that can mess with your supply.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    Oh yeah, I wanted to add a warning not to get too tied to your July deadline date. It's good to have an idea of a goal date but if you are going to get freaked out or stressed out if it doesn't seem like you'll meet it, it is better not to have one. I can't set a date like that for myself because I just get too focused on it and get discouraged. But you know you best so if it works for you, great.
  • RozayJones
    RozayJones Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Oh yeah, I wanted to add a warning not to get too tied to your July deadline date. It's good to have an idea of a goal date but if you are going to get freaked out or stressed out if it doesn't seem like you'll meet it, it is better not to have one. I can't set a date like that for myself because I just get too focused on it and get discouraged. But you know you best so if it works for you, great.

I agree, when I wasn't even close to my goal when I expected to be I quit all together. Not saying everyone is a quitter but that date was a big role in my giving up....and needless to say now I am back again.
  • blah2989
    blah2989 Posts: 338 Member
    Options

Yeah, thanks for bringing that up. Im not horribly stressed. Honestly even 60-70lbs by then would make me happy, but say I only lose... oh 50lb by then, then I would know to step it up. I would be very happy at 170, but My idea weight is 165, because Im just not even sure if I would be able to get down to 140 and maintain it.