I WANT CANDY!!

iluvsparkles
iluvsparkles Posts: 1,730 Member
edited September 18 in Food and Nutrition
im having a hard time with the sweets craving this afternoon. Stuck in a desk. what id really love is a blow pop or a candy bar, but the snack machine here only has chocolate, and i have no change anyway. MAN I wish id remembered my grapes from home!!

Replies

• iluvsparkles
    iluvsparkles Posts: 1,730 Member
    im having a hard time with the sweets craving this afternoon. Stuck in a desk. what id really love is a blow pop or a candy bar, but the snack machine here only has chocolate, and i have no change anyway. MAN I wish id remembered my grapes from home!!
  • 7Tanya
    7Tanya Posts: 3
    Don't think about what your body wants, think about what it needs. maybe that will help.:smile:
  • MontanaGirl
    MontanaGirl Posts: 1,251 Member
    Gum sometimes helps. It is sweet, but low calorie if you get the right stuff. Trident has that natural sweetener that is good for your teeth and is low calorie.
  • iftcheiaf
    iftcheiaf Posts: 960 Member
    any chance you can get up from your desk for about five minutes and just walk around? or sometimes, because I too have a desk job and a radio nearby, try and find an upbeat song that lifts my mood a little and makes the food not so important.
  • peej76
    peej76 Posts: 1,250 Member
    Ewww, I had that problem this week too. I bought a huge bag of those toffees the black licorice flavoroured, rum flavoured, and mint, I swear I had a handful a day.... or more, Finally my husband took a bunch to work with him because when I went to get some today they were gone!!!
  • FatDancer
    FatDancer Posts: 812 Member
    I wish I had read your post before I gave in to my chocolate craving this morning! This behavior is rare now...most of the time I stick to my guns...hope that spitting it out to your MFPs is enough to help you resist the temptation!
  • squankish
    squankish Posts: 78 Member
    aw I think I speak for a lot of us when I say I know how you feel. whenever I have a craving like that, I try try try to think about 1)what my goals are [losing weight] and 2)how I'm going to achieve them [not by eating candy] and then I think about whether it's worth it to me or not.... which sometimes it definitely is. grapes are a great alternative though, I agree! anyway, it sounds like you're going to be fine. I hope the rest of your day goes well!
This discussion has been closed.