Hello from Mentor, Ohio

Options
My name is Joe, and I have been using MyFitnessPal to track my weight loss since early June. I'm working with a nutritionist from the VA, and basically just limiting myself to 1500-1700 calories per day. I started out at 245 lbs on May 30th, and am now at 210 lbs today. This app and MapMyWalk have been tremendously beneficial to tracking my food intake and the walks my wife and I take 3-5 times weekly. We are currently walking at a 3.5 mph pace, and choose routes that give us a 40-45 minute workout. I have exceeded my goal of losing 30 lbs, and my doctor has taken off of my blood pressure medication after just 30 days in the program, because it was lowering my BP too much and causing me to become lightheaded when bending and standing up (105/60 at rest). BP is now around 117/70 at rest, and I feel better than I have in many years. I have recommended these apps to several people as a tool to see what they are eating and what the total calorie count is each day. My son-in-law has lost almost 20 lbs using the apps, and he is also feeling much better with his weight loss.

I love to cook & bake bread, and will be posting pictures of meals as I have time in the dinner thread.