Need help

Hello everyone, I am new here and I know that I have a very unhealthy relationship with food. I hope I can gain my life back and return to a healthy state. As long as I can remember I've had body issues and extreme self consciousness. When I was 13 I was diagnosed with aneroxica and battled with that for years. I was also involved in sports throughout high school and very active. I slowly gained weight with each year. When I was 27 I kept on gaining weight. I am 5'10" and was 170 lbs, looking back that is a good healthy weight for me. Now I am 34 and around 240 lbs. I try to eat healthy and move more. I deal with fibromyalia, chronic back pain, bad knees and recent neck injury. Every type of exercise hurts and I have no energy. All I want to do is sleep and if I could I would sleep 16+ hours in a day. My body craves a lot of the "bad" foods. I eat in secretcy, hide food and feel so guilty. I often wake up in the middle of the night and rummage the kitchen. Sometimes I dont remember what I ate or did. I hate how I look and feel. I can't stand being intamite with my husband. I have tried weight watchers, aitkins, low cal/ low fat, over the counter medications, prescription medications, supplements from GNC for weight loss, exercise plans and more. Please help. This has taken over my life, my marriage, my mental wellbeing and more. Thank you for your help and time. Melissa

Replies

• sarahwinder78
    sarahwinder78 Posts: 36 Member
    Sounds like you have a lot to contend with right now. I think you should feel great that you've taken the first step and realized you want to change and have reached out for support and help. Have you considered going to a medical doctor and/or a counselor? They might be able to give you some ideas for solutions to help with your specific issues (especially regarding the pain/tiredness). I can relate to what you said about craving the "bad foods" and eating in secrecy. I did that too. All I can offer you is the experience that I've had, which is that once I was able shift my eating to more healthier foods I seemed to crave the sugary / junk foods much less. It's tough to break the habit but I've found that now that I have I really enjoy those treats so much more when I do indulge than when I was just mindlessly eating them in large quantities before.
    Hang in there!
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    A therapist who specializes in eating disorders can help.
    Read books by Geneen Roth or look for her on youtube. She is a lifesaver.