Protein Pumpkin Oatmeal Pancakes

pursuinghappiness
pursuinghappiness Posts: 39
edited September 22 in Recipes
Hi, I'm not sure how to link up to a recipe I just added, but I just added a recipe! It was delicious this morning and I had to share. If you view my food diary? Perhaps that is how you can find it?? Let me know if you can find it. Thanks!

**Scroll down for the recipe** :smile:

Replies

• It lists it as your meal, but you can't click it to see the individual ingredients. Do share though.
  • I couldn't figure it out, so here is the recipe. Wish I could post a picture too, but oh well.

This makes 3 pancakes, one pancake is one serving only because one pancake is VERY filling! Just add some fruit and it's a great meal. I hope you enjoy!

Ingredients:

1/4 cup pumpkin puree
    1 scoop of protein powder ( I use EAS vanilla)
    1 whole egg
    1/4 cup almond milk (you can use regular milk, cream, etc)
    1 tsp. baking soda
    1 tsp. cinnamon
    1 tsp. ground nutmeg
    1/2 tsp. salt
    1 TBLS ground flaxseed (you could use whole flax or chia seeds)
    1 tsp. vanilla
    3/4 to 1 cup rolled oats**
    2 TBLS Ideal Sweetener (or your choice of sweetener)
    toppings of your choice

Directions:

Mix all ingredients together until thoroughly blended. Heat a pan (or griddle) over medium heat and spray Pam (or butter) on skillet. Each pancake was about 1/2 cup batter (it was a generous 1/2 cup). Place it on pan, let cook, then flip.

**Add the oats last 1/4 cup at a time. I wanted my thicker, so I ended up with 1 cup, but if you want them thinner, then don't add as much!**

**Personal note: I suppose you could bake then entire recipe as well, but they were really good as pancakes. I added about a tsp. of butter and then some sugar-free syrup.**

Nutrition per pancake:

Calories: 207
    Carbs: 26
    Fat: 5
    Protein: 16
    Sugar: 3
  • asltiffm
    asltiffm Posts: 521 Member
    Sounds really good! How many calories in one?
  • oops I forgot to add it, I just edited it! Thanks for the reminder!
  • rnroadrunner
    rnroadrunner Posts: 402 Member
    bump
This discussion has been closed.