cross/elliptical trainers at home

alicedavison
alicedavison Posts: 112
edited September 22 in Fitness and Exercise
im thinking of getting a cross trainer to have at home because witht he bad weather im finding it increasingly hard to get my excercise in.
what are your views or experiences with them?

Replies

• Scorpiomom222
    Scorpiomom222 Posts: 1,462 Member
    That one looks good. I would definitely get one. I usually burn about 200 calories for 20 minutes on it. Before I got aquainted with one, I wanted a treadmill, but I'd rather own an elliptical. I think if I got one, I'd get one with incline.
  • potluck965
    potluck965 Posts: 529 Member
    I have a very nice Schwinn Elliptical that I got from Amazon several years ago. It is a very good action and has programs and settings galore with lots of variable intensities. Really helps fill in the gaps when it is too cold or snowy to get outside and walk for very long.

It's quiet, too. No problem listening to the television while I am using it. For me that's a big plus because I find that kind of exercise incredibly boring and the tv really helps. The bike I had was way too noisy. This elliptical is a whisper compared to most other machines I've seen, although I haven't seen very many.

I considered the ScwinnAirdyne at the time because I knew it also gave a very good workout, but I knew that flywheel created a lot of noise. The flywheel on the elliptical is enclosed and much quieter anyway.
  • thank you! im going to invest! early christmas present for myself. xxx
  • Jena_72
    Jena_72 Posts: 1,057
    My Elliptical is in my living/family room and I'd get rid of the couch before I would let my elliptical be put out!
This discussion has been closed.