Looking for friends who are happy maintaining.

Options
Hiya,

I've recently met 2 of my goals, my goal weight was to reach 147lbs, which I've met, but has now been changes to 144lbs and to be happy wearing a bikini on my summer holiday, which I also met just over a week ago.

I've been on MFP for a while now and I'm so greatful for all my lovely friends and their help, support and encouragement.

Along the way the main things I've learnt is portion control, making healthy choices and regular exercise even if it is only walking instead of taking the car.

Although I would ideally like to lose another 3lbs I am very happy with my new body and happy healthy lifestyle, I have stopped weighing, measuring and logging my food on a regular basis.

I would love to find some new friends who are at a similar stage of their journey, happy and maintaining for further tips and ideas, please send me a friend request so we can help and encourage each other along the next steps.

Thank you
Wendy

Replies

• xWendyJonesx
    xWendyJonesx Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Anyone out there??
  • flatlndr
    flatlndr Posts: 713 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    I'm less than 5 lbs from switching to maintenance. I'd like to add a couple friends there or almost there.
    Cheers
  • howletta
    howletta Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi. I just switched to maintenance last week. I plan on sticking around because I don't want to gain it back! Feel free to add!
  • Azurite27
    Azurite27 Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    I just started my transition to maintenance today if you'd like to add me.
  • besaro
    besaro Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    I'm with you, struggling with the 5-10 pounds but very very happy with where i am at currently. i continue with mfp to stay on track and focused. I don't log everyday but it helps me stay mindful.
  • TheLongRunner
    TheLongRunner Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    I've been actively maintaining my 125 pound weight loss for around 2 years. Feel free to check out my profile and add me if you think we'd be a good fit. ;)
  • JoshLikesBeer
    JoshLikesBeer Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! I just switched from weight loss to maintenance last week. I still have a little fat I want to lose and I want to add more muscle, but I want to stay around 180lbs for now. You can add me if you want to.
  • brenn24179
    brenn24179 Posts: 2,144 Member
    Options
    I will have 2 years maintaining in Feb. add me if you want.
  • STrooper
    STrooper Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! Friend request sent
  • farway
    farway Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    I have been at maintenance for a couple of months, I did try not weighing, but it never worked for me, I need the discipline. I go up and down a few pounds.add me if you wish
  • katznkt
    katznkt Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    I'm happy maintaining. Feel free to add me. :)
  • katznkt
    katznkt Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    I'm happy maintaining. Feel free to add me. :)
  • pkw58
    pkw58 Posts: 2,039 Member
    Options
    Super happy maintaining! add me!
  • gail1961
    gail1961 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Happily maintaining since mid-May! I am inspired by all the responses from people who have been maintaining for a while. I often worry about the maintenance part:smile:
  • PaytraB
    PaytraB Posts: 2,360 Member
    Options
    I'm also happily maintaining (1.5 years now). Feel free to add me.
  • melimomTARDIS
    melimomTARDIS Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    Im maintaining, still trying to avoid losing, so I am experimenting with my intake. Feel free to add.
  • crosstraindylan
    crosstraindylan Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! I portion my daily food intake and all my daily meals are homemade and healthy :). Likewise, I try to provide encouragement on a daily basis
  • sarafischbach9
    sarafischbach9 Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm actively trying to maintain!! Training for a marathon that is in the Fall, so I'm running a lot too. Feel free to add me if you want!
  • 2karma
    2karma Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I've lost most of what I wanted to. However, still working on the last 3 pounds. I've almost gotten there, and then slid back. I feel it is within reach, but I'm happy with the progress made so far. I want to do it comfortably, and without starving. I think that consistent exercise is key, but kind of need help with this :) I would love to add you as a friend.
  • einzweidrei
    einzweidrei Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Been maintaining since December 2013. Feel free to add.