2lb a week

Options
I've read that this is the most you can lose each week while still being healthy. My question is how is it done? Right now I'm working out in the morning and at night and I've only been able to lose 1 pound a week which I am proud of but this month I want to lose 2 a week. Reason? Because I want to reach my goal by the end of the year =) Any suggestions?? Thanks!

Replies

• JodiS75
    JodiS75 Posts: 284
    Options
    What do your calories look like? If you're comfortable with it, you should make your food diary public so other people can help you out looking at it :wink:
  • sunnyk8
    sunnyk8 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Do you eat back your exercise calories? With that much exercise you might not be getting enough calories and actually slowing your metabolism down. I know it sounds weird but you have to eat to lose.
  • whalenmich7295
    whalenmich7295 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    agreed. I noticed I was at the gym a considerable about of time. then I cleaned up my diet. And all of a sudden pounds started coming off.

also what is your gym regiment like? do you use the bike, or elliptical at a low intensity? or, do you run, and use the stair master and a high one? also, have you incorporated iron into the workout. Doing some squats, some bench presses, and crunches can go far. "Fat burns muscle its just that simple" ~~LL Cool J
  • Uptopargolf
    Options
    agreed. I noticed I was at the gym a considerable about of time. then I cleaned up my diet. And all of a sudden pounds started coming off.

also what is your gym regiment like? do you use the bike, or elliptical at a low intensity? or, do you run, and use the stair master and a high one? also, have you incorporated iron into the workout. Doing some squats, some bench presses, and crunches can go far. "Fat burns muscle its just that simple" ~~LL Cool J

Well I wish LL were correct, But he isn't.

However whalenmich makes a great point. What does you're diet look like first of all? And second what kind of workouts are you doing? If you aren't eating enough calories your body will stop burning fat and store it, so it doesn't starve itself.

Do you lift weights? Most people neglect this part of exercise, however it is MORE important than cardio IMO.

On the fat burns muscle topic.. Fat doesn't burn anything. It can be used for energy by your body. (thats what we want) OR your body can attack your muscle for energy. (thats what we don't want). By lifting weights you can reduce the amount of muscle tissue loss and increase fat loss.

Also, fat can never just go away. You will always have the same number of fat cells. They can however shrink in size. That is what you want to do.
  • sayuri1
    sayuri1 Posts: 111
    Options
    Well since I started I was eating 1260 calories a day, though now it ranges from 1260-1300. So it could be that my metabolism is slowing down? But would I start gaining weight again if I increase calorie intake? That's what I'm scared of.

For my exercises I don't go to the gym but I do work out videos. In the morning I take an hour of Tae Bo and at night I do insanity. Though some days I trade one of the other for Jillian Michael's just to change it up a bit.

I don't know how to make my food diary public =/