Is there anyone else that feels like this?

Options
124»

Replies

• AmigaMaria001
    AmigaMaria001 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    You don't have to exercise to lose weight! I love to walk but haven't been able to do it for 6 months due to a medical condition. I still lost 42 + pounds staying within my MFP calories. Now that I am able to walk again, it's SO much easier without that extra weight I was packing around.
    If you really hate to exercise, then don't! Just keep losing weight and take a few walks a week. You don't have to walk fast or far - just get started with walks that you can do easily and not hate. Then keep it up until you start to enjoy it and as it gets easier and easier, go faster and farther. It's just that simple.
    Good luck
    58369279.png
  • zericaaaaa
    zericaaaaa Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Have you tried those Leslie Sansone dvds that are based on walking? I believe you walk the equivalent of a mile in 10-15 mins in your front room! You could maybe do that twice a day in between your knitting and that would be 2 miles a day! Maybe you will even feel like adding a 3rd mile after a while :wink:

i totally agree with this ^^^ leslie sansone is awesome! her program was the first exercise program i ever tried when i first began losing weight at around 300 lbs. i feel so great after a walk with leslie :)
  • beckyjeanleemaddox
    beckyjeanleemaddox Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I'm not a big fan of it either, however, I do recognize the benefits. I struggle with this even though I'm almost 1/2 way to my goal weight. Having said that I try to do work that makes me get up and move. sweeping, washing dishes, doing laundry, cleaning. Mowing grass. Doing things that I see results. (like a clean floor, clean laundry, the lawn is mowed) Just move!!!! I have Leslie Sansone CD's that are fun, walking listening to music is also fun.: I have noticed that doing things like cleaning the tub has gotten easier as a lose weight. I once HATED doing that. Good Luck
    flowerforyou:
  • bkthandler
    bkthandler Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Have you tried those Leslie Sansone dvds that are based on walking? I believe you walk the equivalent of a mile in 10-15 mins in your front room! You could maybe do that twice a day in between your knitting and that would be 2 miles a day! Maybe you will even feel like adding a 3rd mile after a while :wink:

i totally agree with this ^^^ leslie sansone is awesome! her program was the first exercise program i ever tried when i first began losing weight at around 300 lbs. i feel so great after a walk with leslie :)

I will third Leslie ...this might sound cheesey but you will get the impression she really cares. She will remind you of a friend of your mom's or grandma's.

Since you like yoga have you tried Pilates? I love Ellen Barret DVD's...she has one called Barefoot Cardio you might like.

Also when I am getting back into working out I have some Hula and Bollywood Dance DVDs, even belly dancing. You don't have to put on shoes and they shake out the cobwebs and get moving.
  • Catter_05
    Catter_05 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I really hate exercising! I hate sweating I hate being hot, yuck! Walking on the treadmill bores me, running is like torture to me! I try to do these now because my family has a strong history of heart disease, I need some cardio. Normally, I would go for a walk, but I live in the South West US and it is hot. I get an audiobook and only listen when I'm exercising or cleaning. The two things I dread the most.
    I have found a few things that I enjoy. I started taking karate and I LOVE it! It was really surprising but I wanted to learn some self defense and ended up having a blast.
    I also (strangely) found that I love hot yoga. I don't even like to walk from my house to the car in the summer, but for some reason I really like it. I enjoy yoga but a couple of friends had to twist my arm to get me to try a hot yoga class.
    Try to find something you can tolerate, or that has another goal involved. And don't be afraid to try something new. It is so intimidating but EVERYONE starts somewhere.