Loving ourselves Big and Small

Options
I was reading a bit in the forums this morning. Checked out some profiles and I realized that lots of people don't love themselves. If you don't love yourself you will never be successful at this. It doesn't matter if you weigh 400, 300, 200, 150 or 125, you have to learn to love yourself at any size. I have been at my highest weight of 275 and never called myself names like a fat slob or disgusting. I knew I had to lose the weight because I wanted to live and enjoy life. Looking good is nice but not the ultimate goal. Loving ourselves has to be the start of it. You will still be the same person inside big or small and that person needs to feel love.

Replies

• jkal1979
    jkal1979 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    Great post and I agree 100%. I'm my own worst critic and when I'm down on myself that's when I really struggle with losing weight.

Awesome job on your weight loss!
  • wannakimmy
    wannakimmy Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    I love myself, just not the poor choices I've made regarding my health.

It is easy to judge by appearance, whether we are looking at others or in the mirror.

Wouldn't it be great if other people seen us for who we are on the inside as well?
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    Nice post, Mary. I did call myself names in the past due to my weight, but it has only been this last several years that I have not, and it was then that I became successful at this weight loss/maintenance thang (intentionally misspelled. :smile: ).
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    Nice post. Good points to make. IME, being accepting of myself despite my shape definitely helped with the mental element necessary to do this, and with being able to feel good about my accomplishments along the way. Congrats on your success so far. Impressive.
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    It's the reason so many people lose weight and are still unhappy. Great post. Thank-you for the reminder. You look fabulous! Well done all around :flowerforyou:
  • pirjo1955
    pirjo1955 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I agree - Happiness has to start from within. You can't look at anyone else to make you happy. And you can't think, when I lose this weight I'll be happy, or when I get a new job, or when I get a bigger house, or when I get help cleaning this big house, or when the kids are grown, etc, etc. You'll still be the same person. If you are unhappy now, chances are, you'll still be unhappy then.

You have to learn to be satisfied where you are now, being who you are. ( That doesn't mean you can't make changes for the better though.)