Avocado!

Options
2»

Replies

• JennyJiggle
    JennyJiggle Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Guacamole almost always! So yummy.

Although sometimes I eat it mashed with salt and a pinch of curry powder - eaten with eggs for breakfast. Sounds very odd but it's like the devilled eggs my granny used to make.
  • lildynarider
    lildynarider Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I eat avocado slices straight, or with a little seasoned salt.

Also cube it into salads.

I like your smoothie idea.

Avocados are the bacon of non-meats.

The bacon of non-meats....I freaking love it!

I eat mine in place of mayo on sammies, and just about anywhere else I want creamy texture. So yummy!
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I love them with shrimp and a bit of mayo.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Avocado's on sandwiches and burgers are awesome!
  • evirenka
    Options
    I love avocado! Unfortunatelly it's pretty expensive where I live. But my favorite is mashed avocado with banana and cinnamon. When cold it's great dessert. :)
    Also I use avocado for my skin.
  • judychicken
    judychicken Posts: 937 Member
    Options
    I buy them at Costco. I stuff them with chicken salad or tuna salad. I also put them in my smoothies yummy. I love avocado!!!
  • whovian67
    whovian67 Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    Avacados can go on anything...

Smoothies - but I'd rather taste it by itself with it's lovely silky texture

Avacado, onion, garlic, tomatoes, lemon juice and cayenne for fresh guacamole

Fried avacado stuffed with shrimp

Cucumber, tomato, onion, avacado salad with balsamic vinegar
  • Kotuliak
    Kotuliak Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Honestly, I'd eat them with a spoon, with ritz crackers on the side.
    That.

The best way to make avocado into a meal is to put sliced avocado, sliced tomato, and mayo, on a sandwich. Mayo and tomato complement the taste and texture of the avocado. Use a bit of salt a fresh ground pepper to give it a little kick.
  • PeaceisLove
    Options
    I eat avocado on everything. I even like eating them alone with a little lemon juice and garlic salt. My favorite way to serve them is the warmed hummus and avocado sandwich. I use two pieces of Udi's Gluten free bread, spread hummus on both side of the bread and cook in a skillet with a tsp of coconut oil. Comfort food at its best.