jogging in place SUCCESS STORIES please?

hi all :) i just found out that you can burn 332 calories in 45 mins if you jog in place :O i dk why i find it hard to believe.. please share your success stories .. i am going to try out this.. thanks:)

Replies

• AmyG1982
    AmyG1982 Posts: 1,040 Member
    Any movement is good movement, you don't have to physically travel to burn calories. Put lots of energy into however you decide to move and you'll burn calories :)
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    In for stories.
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    maniac-tommy-boy-o.gif
  • katznkt
    katznkt Posts: 320 Member
    I'm sure you can... But that would probably get old really fast imo.

I've done Leslie videos, and wii fit jogging where I can turn the tv to something good while jogging. Or you can jog in place on a treadmill. But all of those bore me quickly.
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    One of the proudest days of my life was completing a jog-in-place marathon. I now have a 26.2 sticker on the back of my car, and reference my race pace in every. single. post. on MFP.

Except this one :tongue:
  • Listeninguponyou
    Listeninguponyou Posts: 507 Member
    Bump~~~

I want to know more success stories. I lost 5lb and it triggered me becoming more active. Then I went from that to the treadmill and outdoor running. Another poster was right, at least for me, it does get quite boring FAST. I prefer going outside or hitting a track as to the treadmill or just jogging in place. You will burn calories as long as you put in effort and try.

GOOD LUCK!
  • beautifulwarrior18
    beautifulwarrior18 Posts: 914 Member
    Why jog in place when you can jog forward?
  • marieamethyst
    marieamethyst Posts: 869 Member
    I'm a stay at home parent with a husband in the military that can work odd hours or not be home for a period of time, so most of my exercises are things I can do in the house while keeping an eye/ear on our daughter. My main form of cardio has been jogging in place since the end of January. I usually do 45-60 minutes a day, 5 days a week, while watching something on TV - aka the toddler's naptime. :laugh: I've only lost 15 lbs since I started jogging in place, but you can see the change in my stomach in my profile picture. (I also stay at/below my daily calorie goal and incorporate other exercises into my day usually, but the jogging in place helps me net 8,000+ steps a day and burn a couple hundred calories)

Try it out for awhile, and if you like it and see a difference keep at it! :flowerforyou:
  • marinashakeel
    marinashakeel Posts: 263 Member
    Thankyou for your lovely replies.. To the person who asked why jogging in place?
    well... I prefer doing my workouts at home and my home is not to big that i can jog around.. Thats why:)
  • Patttience
    Patttience Posts: 975 Member
    I don't know why anyone would want to jog in place for 45 minutes. Can anything be more boring? I bet no one does it either more than say, once.

If you don't want to go outside to exercise, you could try this quite strenuous exercise. PROSTRATIONS. These are good to do when you can't leave the room/house.

Look them up on a video to see how its done. The tibetan buddhists do them for religious reasons.

20 minutes of these is about 100 if i remember correctly. That's a lot and a good workout quite similar to jogging. Put a cushion down where you'd get on your knees.
  • jonnyman41
    jonnyman41 Posts: 1,031 Member
    would consider some other stuff too to do at home then, like body weight exercises, some of the blogilites videos can be done in really small spaces and loads of hiit free videos on you tube to do at home just for a start
  • keishakylejohnson
    keishakylejohnson Posts: 42 Member
    Wii fit, fitbit, get something that can track your running in place :) That may help ya. LOL to the running in place, but not getting anywhere.. Priceless lol :P
  • beautifulwarrior18
    beautifulwarrior18 Posts: 914 Member
    Thankyou for your lovely replies.. To the person who asked why jogging in place?
    well... I prefer doing my workouts at home and my home is not to big that i can jog around.. Thats why:)

There are tons of options for small spaces that are better than running in place. Burpees, squats, box jumps, the list goes on. Also, just get a treadmill! And as far as keeping an eye on your kid, that what they make fitness strollers and bikes for.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!