unconfuse my mind!!!

Options
So many theories on "the night before the run" logic. So the night before a big game alot of althletes eat pasta for the carbs. However, reading info on line it says to eat light the night before a run. Whats the right way to do it. Its a measley 1.5 mile run but I need every ounce of help I can get to do it in less than 15:48 tomorrow. I HATE RUNNING!!

Replies

• desirea2006
    desirea2006 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    So many theories on "the night before the run" logic. So the night before a big game alot of althletes eat pasta for the carbs. However, reading info on line it says to eat light the night before a run. Whats the right way to do it. Its a measley 1.5 mile run but I need every ounce of help I can get to do it in less than 15:48 tomorrow. I HATE RUNNING!!
  • blondeheat
    blondeheat Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    The pasta thing comes from an idea call carbo loading. To really make carbo loading effective, it's a multi day thing where you deplete your energy then your body will over supply when the energy is availible. Your best bet is a mix of carbs, protein and fats. I like a power bar about 1 hour before a race. Whatever you eat for b-fast, be sure it won't make your stomach upset!
  • FitJoani
    FitJoani Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    I read eat a meal your body is used to that you have NO side effects from AT ALL!!!!!!! This will prevent disconfort in your tum tum and dom make it carbs the morning of, stick with a light meal like fruit or a bagel again food you are used to, no sampling here!!! You will have glycogen stores in your bod enough for the run(this is what I read in both fitness and runners world) and dear if you really hate running, find a cardio activity that you do like try biking or hiking or hell even give trail running a try...never do anything you hate!!! and good luck!!!!
  • wriglucy
    wriglucy Posts: 1,064 Member
    Options
    So I have no idea the answer to this question...but, I just had to say I LOVE the Budwiser Man behind you in your pic!!!!

Haha...that is awesome!
  • desirea2006
    desirea2006 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the advice. I am certainly not running cuz I want to. I'm in the air force and I have to take my annual Fitness test tomorrow which requires me to run. Or lose my job. The REALLY bad part of this is that I am actually the manager of the fitness program for my squadron and I see people fail every month and have to send them to the commander. I don't want to be that person that has to send myself to the commander. I'm just not a runner. I wasn't a runner in basic training and I always struggled and now 12 years later I'm REALLY not a runner with a few extra pounds. UGGGHHH I'm so nervous that I have a migrain. Anyways, thanks for listening to me rant and the words of wisdom. I'm going to eat my boring chicken and rice. Nothing fancy tonight. LOL I have 15 hours before I have to take this thing. Wish me luck!!!!!!!

Oh and the pic... I thought he was pretty damn handsome. LOL Love the budweiser guy...