Another HRM question

MericoX
MericoX Posts: 199 Member
edited September 22 in Fitness and Exercise
Is there a HRM out there that doesn't require you to press a button every 5 minutes? Reasonably priced? I'm either finding nothing, or just looking wrong...

Thanks!
Mere

Replies

• Bearface115
    Bearface115 Posts: 574 Member
    Polar watches are the best! I use one and they really keep my on track and work throughout the workout!
  • Jrak1980
    Jrak1980 Posts: 67 Member
    I have the Polar FT4, I just push it when I start my workout and push again when I'm done.
  • I have Polar FT7, same as the FT4 person. Push the button when I start, and push it when I finish, ta-da!
  • Azzrielish
    Azzrielish Posts: 44 Member
    I just bought the Polar FT7 - and like others have said, you push a button to start and a button to stop (actually to push it twice at the start and twice at the end).

While you are working out there are several options for what you can view during the workout - heart rate, training zone, time and calories burned.

Dont forget to deduct your base calories from your HRM calories. e.g. My BMR in 1285 and my calorie needs are 1542 (sedentry lifestyle). So I take 1542 and divide it by 24 hours and get about 65 calories per hour. So if I worked out for an hour and my HRM says 300 calories I will log 235 calories. I'm not quite sure if you are supposed to deduct just BMR or the calories with your activity factor calculated in, so I use the larger number so that if anything I am underestimating my exercise calories.
  • MericoX
    MericoX Posts: 199 Member
    Thanks everyone! I'm hoping santa will bring me one for Christmas ^_^
This discussion has been closed.