2000 calories per day but tired and hungry all the time?

Options
I'm doing a landscaping job. 4 hours a day line trimming with professional trimmer. Some push mowing. Quite a bit of riding the mower. 11 hour days. Then I come home and walk for an hour or two (4-7 miles). Eating about 2000 calories a day, losing 2 lbs per week but so hungry and tired. 5'6 137 lbs aiming for 130 lbs.

Replies

• logg1e
    logg1e Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    Female or male?
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    If you're too hungry and too tired, maybe you should eat a little more and see how that goes.

Check with your doctor, of course. They know best.
  • intrepidelephant
    intrepidelephant Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Female
  • Dawn5202
    Dawn5202 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I am by no means an expert, but when I looked up mowing the lawn general in the exercise database, if you did 600 minutes or 10 hours that burns almost 5,000 calories!! I think that you need to up your calories and maybe not do the extra walking at night. You are burning a ton of calories just during the day. Look into the exercise data base for yourself.
  • logg1e
    logg1e Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    We're similar weight and height. I have a desk job and therefore eating few calories than you. Also feeling lethargic and light-headed recently so have done two things. Firstly I've upped my calories a bit. Secondly, I've altered my weight-loss goal from 9st 2lb to 9st 5lb. Then I'm going to eat at maintenance and take up the weight lifting again.
  • cuckoo_jenibeth
    cuckoo_jenibeth Posts: 1,434 Member
    Options
    That is too aggressive for someone so close to goal/ideal weight. You should change your goals to .5 pounds per week
  • btc1987
    btc1987 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I think 2 lbs/week is a bit aggressive for someone who only needs to lose a little bit.

I'd tone it down to .5/week. The progress will be slower, but you're likely to feel better during the day eating more and the change will stick.
  • toddjamison
    Options
    Ditto. When I was 300lbs, I dropped my calories way down to take the weight off as fast as possible. Now that I'm down to around 180, and have maybe 10lbs to lose (trimming off the rest of the ab goo, LOL), I keep my calories just a little under what I'm expending. At this point, I am losing maybe a lb / week at the most. Some weeks not at all. So, go slow, take your time, especially if you just have a bit of weight to lose and aren't in danger of health issues due to obesity and lack of fitness like I was :) Hope this helps :)
  • lishie_rebooted
    lishie_rebooted Posts: 2,973 Member
    Options
    I am by no means an expert, but when I looked up mowing the lawn general in the exercise database, if you did 600 minutes or 10 hours that burns almost 5,000 calories!! I think that you need to up your calories and maybe not do the extra walking at night. You are burning a ton of calories just during the day. Look into the exercise data base for yourself.

Considering its her job, she shouldnt log it as an activity. Her daily calorie goal should reflect how active her job - acyive/very active set for activity level and no more than 0.5#/week
  • williams969
    williams969 Posts: 2,528 Member
    Options
    I'm doing a landscaping job. 4 hours a day line trimming with professional trimmer. Some push mowing. Quite a bit of riding the mower. 11 hour days. Then I come home and walk for an hour or two (4-7 miles). Eating about 2000 calories a day, losing 2 lbs per week but so hungry and tired. 5'6 137 lbs aiming for 130 lbs.

So, 2,000 calories a day is resulting in 2lb/week loss. Easy to figure this out (thank you for the info--YAY! Too many people leave this out).

2lbs/week means you're eating on a 1,000 calorie a day deficit. That means your maintenance level is at least 3,000 calories a day. I do believe that your fuel needs can be that high--I worked a very physical job at your age, and at a similar height and weight (I was 130lbs then), I needed 3,000+ a day (a little less on my days off).

So, feel free to eat a lot more. You have only a little to lose, so 1/2 lb/week rate or slower is sustainable. Definitely think about a 2,500-2,750 calorie goal.
  • MelodyandBarbells
    MelodyandBarbells Posts: 7,725 Member
    Options

So, 2,000 calories a day is resulting in 2lb/week loss. Easy to figure this out (thank you for the info--YAY! Too many people leave this out).

2lbs/week means you're eating on a 1,000 calorie a day deficit. That means your maintenance level is at least 3,000 calories a day. I do believe that your fuel needs can be that high--I worked a very physical job at your age, and at a similar height and weight (I was 130lbs then), I needed 3,000+ a day (a little less on my days off).

So, feel free to eat a lot more. You have only a little to lose, so 1/2 lb/week rate or slower is sustainable. Definitely think about a 2,500-2,750 calorie goal.

This post makes me want to quit my job and find something else to do for a living. Because hello? Free weight loss
  • Lemongrab13
    Lemongrab13 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I'm doing a landscaping job. 4 hours a day line trimming with professional trimmer. Some push mowing. Quite a bit of riding the mower.

Thought this was sexual innuendo.

I'll show myself out.
  • williams969
    williams969 Posts: 2,528 Member
    Options

This post makes me want to quit my job and find something else to do for a living. Because hello? Free weight loss

If you're okay with long hours, horrible working conditions, and minimum wage, working at a dry cleaners (in the "back"--not the cushy front office job, lol) is great cardio and strength conditioning :wink:
  • MelodyandBarbells
    MelodyandBarbells Posts: 7,725 Member
    Options

If you're okay with long hours, horrible working conditions, and minimum wage, working at a dry cleaners (in the "back"--not the cushy front office job, lol) is great cardio and strength conditioning :wink:

Aaaaaand I just got over my jealousy. Thanks for the kick in the pants, woman! :laugh:
  • amberj32
    amberj32 Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    Eat more!!!!
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    With 7 pounds to lose, you need to have your goals set for .5 pounds a week. 2 pounds a week for so little weight is way to aggressive. This, along with the very active job you do and your daily exercise, means you need to eat a whole lot more. You could up that a few hundred calories an still lose weight at a slower rate.
  • F00LofaT00K
    F00LofaT00K Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    I'm not even that physically active at work, I only work 6-7 hours each day and I'M eating 2000 calories daily. If you only have 7lbs to lose, you should be aiming for about half a pound per week. At this point, why not just eat at maintenance for a 130lb, very active woman of your height? Unless you're incredibly short, I bet you need more food.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options

Considering its her job, she shouldnt log it as an activity. Her daily calorie goal should reflect how active her job - acyive/very active set for activity level and no more than 0.5#/week
    In addition to this, internet sources for any activity are generally overestimated.