new to exercising

Options
Hey people, im a stay at home mom and need some advice on what kind of exercises i can do at home..im getting married next summer and want to lose more than 100lbs by july. I really need help. Feel free to add me.

Replies

• nicailyzee
    nicailyzee Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Hi KimiKat91

There was a post that gave advice to a poster. Read through it and you will find lots of YouTube stuff you can use. It was helpful to me and I hope it can help you as well!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1389253-too-lazy-to-exercise
  • reeves5
    reeves5 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    The best thing to do is to find something you enjoy. Depending on the age of your kids, get them involved. Having fun and your family with you makes it easier to stick with. My 10 yr old is very competitive, so he loves seeing who can do the most push ups or so many sit ups the fastest. Despite being so young, having him with me pushes me.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    it depends on the age of your kids. are the still young enough that you can stick them in a jogging stroller? if they're a little older they might enjoy a bike ride, so get them a helmet and a seat and you'll be able to take them around town.

i'm an advocate of working out outside if possible. take your kid to the park and work out while they're playing. bring a jump rope. Ten minutes of jumping rope is the equivalent of running an 8 minute mile.
  • kimikat91
    kimikat91 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Its not that easy..dont have internet..dont have a bike..n i live in a bad neiborhood so i cant go for walks.Cant even exercse in my up stairs apartment cuz cant be bangin on the floor. N im poor so i cant buy exercise equiptment.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    Its not that easy..dont have internet..dont have a bike..n i live in a bad neiborhood so i cant go for walks.Cant even exercse in my up stairs apartment cuz cant be bangin on the floor. N im poor so i cant buy exercise equiptment.
    check out a book called you are your own gym. it has a bunch of bodyweight exercises on it.

or you can go to the library and spend a few bucks printing out out some bodyweight routines
  • weightliftingdiva
    weightliftingdiva Posts: 522 Member
    Options

Do you have access to a car or public transportation? Maybe take your kids to the park when you have free time. You can do body weight exercises while they play, and play games with them to get some cardio.
  • ellechim1
    ellechim1 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Just a few off the top of my head:

Sit ups
    crunches
    planks
    different arm lifts using canned food or milk gallon
    march/walk in place (quietly)
    Push ups
    Squats
    Leg lifts...

can even use the kids as weights , my dad use to let us ride on his feet or arms around the house, now I know why LoL

Good luck and be creative :)
  • sharim1948
    Options
    Do you have a library close? If you do you can check out workout videos...if you have a player to play them on. Or what do you listen to music on? Put your favorite station on and walk in place, set a timer if you have an alarm on your phone or an alarm clock...set it for 30 minutes. I lay on my bed and do leg lifts (because I can get on the floor or off the floor)...Use the back of a chair and do back kicks...there are a million ways to exercise with out equipment...you just have to be willing to do it or create your own exercise....

Sharon
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options

that sucks. but you still have to figure out how you want to accomplish your goals.
  • kimikat91
    kimikat91 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Thank you all again for encouraging me. I was in a depressed mood yesterday..I CAN DO THIS. ????
  • Snailman44
    Options
    Thank you all again for encouraging me. I was in a depressed mood yesterday..I CAN DO THIS. ????

One of the biggest change's you will get with weight loss is your look on life. Those depressed days will be a thing of the past. The hardest part is starting something new and stick with it. Best of luck with your weight loss journey.
  • Tomm88
    Tomm88 Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    You can pretty much use anythin for resistance you just have to get creative, arm exercises with milk cans full of water, goblet squats with water jugs etc.... options are endless:).