Appreciating the weight lost!

Options
Today has already been such an inspiring and motivating day!

It’s beautiful outside so we decided to go on a hike. Due to the terrain we brought our hiking backpack for our almost 2 year old son. I decided that I would carry him and we got him all strapped in and started on our hike, uphill, down hill, uphill again and again…(ugh), it was pretty tiring. The farther we went the more I came to realize and appreciate the irony of the situation. My son weighs about 27lbs, I’ve lost 26lbs so far… This was what my body was having to manage with a couple months ago!

I encourage everyone to put the weight equivalent of what they have lost in a backpack, bag or anything, just carry it around the house for a few minutes. It gave me the opportunity truly realize the significance of what I’ve already accomplished and I’m even more motivated to continue on this long but very important journey.

Good luck to all!

Replies

• mcgregor1980
    Options
    Awesome! I'm totally going to try that when I start losing. Thanks for the inspiration!
  • heatherharget
    heatherharget Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Fantastic! Isn't it funny when you look at him and realize you've lost the equivalent of a small person! WAY TO GO!
  • KevinG2846
    Options
    Ha, I never thought about it like that! My wife weighs about the same amount I have to lose, maybe she'll let me carry her around when I'm done!

Great job, keep up the hard work!!