Zumba

Options
I have never been and really would like to get involved, have any of you? What do you like or not like? I am thinking of buying the new Zumba Fitness for the Wii! Anyone try that?

Replies

• Bearface115
    Bearface115 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    GET IT!! lol! i promise you will love it! Buy if you weanna get yourself familiar first with how it i sin a group setting, that is definately an option, but zumba on the Wii, i hear AMAZING things! i have know people that have lost tons tand tons of weight but just doing ZUMBA. Im doing zumba 2 days a week along with a very hardcore workout routine,l ol but i hadddd to include my ZUMBA!
  • stephriley
    Options
    I personally LOVE Zumba! It is really high energy and the time goes by fast. I have never tried it on the Wii though. I like doing it at my gym because it motivates you a lot more when you have a fun instructor and others around. Thats just me though :happy:
  • Bearface115
    Bearface115 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    and im sorry for the typos GALORE, i have a broken keyboard or something, lol:embarassed:
  • frogmama
    frogmama Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    I love zumba. I go twice a week. It is a lot of fun and the time flies by very quickly. I am not motivated to use the treadmill or elliptical and when I do use them, I watch the minutes tick by ever so slowly. With zumba, I don't even feel like I am exercising, just dancing and having a good time. I burn quite a few calories in a session. I also go to an aerobic jazz class which is fun, but doesn't burn as many calories. The only class that I do that burns more calories is spinning.
    I would recommend that you try zumba a few times before you decide if you like it and are getting a good work out. The first few times you do it, you may find that you are learning the steps. Once you grasp that, you can put more into it and get a better work out.
  • Giftherz
    Options
    I had never done it and I bought it the day it came out on the Xbox Kinect and I LOVE it!
    It's tons of fun, and I do it alone and find it fun! lol
    Definately kicks my butt though.
    How do we record it as exercise on here?
  • grace914
    grace914 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I have no rhythm what's so ever and I love it! I've been going to Zumba classes 2-3 times a week for the last month and I can feel the difference in my body. Try it! You'll have fun and not to mention a few moves when you go out!
  • MegJo
    MegJo Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    I've never done it on a video game console, I do it at a dance studio but I love zumba - it is just what my workout needs. Its different, fun, and a great way to burn a BUNCH of calories. I totally agree with one of the posters, force yourself to go at least 3 times. The first and second class can be overwhelming because you have to learn the steps, but its a lot of repetition so you'll pick it up no matter what your skill level is. I've thought about buying zumba for a gaming system but I really like the interaction with the class and instructor. I have a bodybugg and in the hour class I normally burn around 650 calories. However, when I went on Thursday I REALLY pushed myself to do some of the jumping and other higher impact moves and I burned 820 calories!!!! I was amazed! I also believe that zumba has taken inches off my body, I have plateaued on the scale but my clothes are continuing to get baggier.

Zumba is great - can't recommend it highly enough.
  • tenessaa
    tenessaa Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I LOVE Zumba! It's so much fun. The class interaction is great and fun! I've tried it at home with videos and it's just not as fun as the actual class, so definitley check out a class!