most of my "friends" are gone :(

Options
Well, I haven't been the most diligent mfp user over the last couple months. But I have a renewed interest in tracking my progress, because it really works for me. But it looks during my absence a lot of my friends are no longer using mfp. So this is a plea for a new posse. I have an open diary and I am a supportive friend. I have found that the interactions with other members is very important to my success. Thanks!

Replies

• tinks_13
    tinks_13 Posts: 40
    Options
    Hi! I'm a daily logger and I try to motivate all my friends as much as possible. Feel free to add me.
  • Iron_Duchess
    Iron_Duchess Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    I'm not.
  • katierrt
    katierrt Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    you can add me if you like, I have an open diary and I eat whatever, I don't criticize anyone for their food choices either! :)
  • nicailyzee
    nicailyzee Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me if you like and anyone else as well. I am here to support!
  • LavenitUp
    Options
    Im new but plan to be on here for a long time; feel free to add me! :)
  • Wilmingtonbelle
    Wilmingtonbelle Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Welcome back! I'm always open to supportive friends. I have an open diary for friends. Feel free to add me.

Slainte!:drinker:
  • stacked
    stacked Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I added you.
    I have been slacking but I am going to get a renewed interest in tracking properly. Not today cause Im drinking alot of beers.

Anyone can add me.
  • Spnneil06
    Spnneil06 Posts: 18,745 Member
    Options
    You can add me!
  • ChronicOptimist
    ChronicOptimist Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add. I'm on MFP... well, if we're being honest, I'm on here way too much, haha.
  • misscem94
    misscem94 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I know what you mean! Most of the people I started my journey with have disappeared! If you'd like to add, feel free! Been tracking 274 days so far!
  • Grizzly32
    Options
    I am starting my journey again, and it will likely take two years to reach my goal weight. Feel free to add me if you want.
  • dandelionwish31
    dandelionwish31 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    My diary is open and I am looking for friends too
  • purplemama28
    purplemama28 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me
  • gary241069
    gary241069 Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Liar. Your diary is closed!!!:mad:
  • sspscott
    sspscott Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    UmMmm Gary241069 it's not closed to my friends...
  • Fsunami
    Fsunami Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    The door is open, c'mon in. :)

For those of you on this thread that would like help and support, please feel free to add me - will be happy to pay it forward in the way that others have done for me...

The past is done. The future will be here soon enough. What you have to do is focus on today & today only. Its all we have to work with.

I woulda been dead in 5 years if I hadn't made this commitment. All signs were pointing that way.

Just a few things the MFP tribe and common sense has taught me:

1) This is a thing you DO, not a definition of who you ARE. Just like laundry. Take the emotion out of it wherever possible. I cannot stress this enough.

2) My approach? This is a lifestyle change, not a diet. So there is no finite number of days that I am trying to get to. I will be logging in and logging food for the rest of my life, because:

a) This program works
    b) I don't want to die young and I was headed that direction

3) Try to remember - We are the results of the choices we make every day, whether those choices are good or bad. Make as many good choices as you can, and the ship will stay steady. At the end of the day, we are the man in the mirror. We are accountable to ourselves and no one else. I can help you with getting there, but the doing is up to you. Leave rationalizing at the door, and be honest with yourself. Its the only path to long term success

Cal tracking is considered a good choice (whether boring or not) because it tells you where you really are (just like your check register tells you your balance) - remember to be honest with yourself all the time. Ultimately, you will achieve that which you are seeking much sooner.

If you will commit to doing the work, your MFP tribe will commit to helping. Why? Because that's what we do. And we have ALL been there.

Three months ago? I couldn't move. Saturday? I burned 2100 calories exercising. Because? I wanted to.

You got this.

Fsunami
  • sspscott
    sspscott Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    “Train yourself to let go of everything you fear to lose.” - Yoda

Wow! Thanks Fsunami!
  • sharonpink
    sharonpink Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me - I'm here for the long haul!
  • rcadams97
    rcadams97 Posts: 106
    Options
    Feel free to add me, I'm a pretty consistent logger.