Really torn with my normal routine and possible trying TDEE

Options
Hey all,

I've been playing with the idea of trying TDEE, but my normal routine has been working for me pretty well so far. I really like using food as a reward for exercising and being able to eat more by working out more! I did a few calculations, and my average daily caloric intake while losing weight and working out aggressively was about 1925 for a few weeks and one week was 2020.

My TDEE is 2524 when set to working out working out intensely, every day, or sometimes twice a day. Minus 20% gives me 2015.6.

So I guess my starting point would be about 1900 (or maybe I'll start with 1800 to see how it goes).

But I'd like to hear form some of you who went from eating back their exercise calories to following a more TDEE style method of eating the same amount every day. How did it go? Did you find it challenging? Did any of you feel you were losing that reward system? Or feel like you were missing out on the chance to eat 2800 calories a day lol

My other concern is what if I don't work out as much or as hard one week and don't realize it.

Replies

• Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options
    Done right, they work out the same, because your TDEE calculation will average-in your exercise anyway.

I keep them separate because most of my exercise burn in cardio or cardio-like, so I intentionally eat those back as a high percentage of carbs. So doing it this way makes it easier to track my macro targets based on my base calories.