Invited to a costume party in August

Options
My sister's friends are throwing a costume party in August and I am invited. Hopefully I will be a good way toward my goal by then....I found this wicked costume here http://www.the-magic-wardrobe.com/Costume.html?CostumeId=9

It's waaaay out of my price range, but I am fairly handy with a sewing machine and glue gun, so I think I could pull it off.

What do y'all think?

I saw the movie "The Queen of the Damned" a couple of weeks ago and I loved the costumes that Akasha, the queen vampire wore....and this is the closest I could find.

Replies

• GTOgirl1969
    GTOgirl1969 Posts: 2,527 Member
    Options
    My sister's friends are throwing a costume party in August and I am invited. Hopefully I will be a good way toward my goal by then....I found this wicked costume here http://www.the-magic-wardrobe.com/Costume.html?CostumeId=9

It's waaaay out of my price range, but I am fairly handy with a sewing machine and glue gun, so I think I could pull it off.

What do y'all think?

I saw the movie "The Queen of the Damned" a couple of weeks ago and I loved the costumes that Akasha, the queen vampire wore....and this is the closest I could find.
  • sgtinvincible
    sgtinvincible Posts: 2,559
    Options
    Freakin. Awesome.
  • Manda86
    Manda86 Posts: 1,859 Member
    Options
    nice! That is freakishly expensive!
  • sgtinvincible
    Options

Yeah, no kidding. Now I know why it's called the magic wardrobe, because you have to be a freakin wizard to conjure enough money to shop there. sheesh.
  • Manda86
    Options

Yeah, no kidding. Now I know why it's called the magic wardrobe, because you have to be a freakin wizard to conjure enough money to shop there. sheesh.

wa wa wa WAAAA
  • GTOgirl1969
    Options
    I will post pics when I finish the costume...if I am courageous enough I will actually post a picture of myself wearing it!
  • FitJoani
    FitJoani Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    OWWWWWWWWW that is spendy!!!! Its hot though. I would try ebay for something similar. but then again making your own makes it your own and that is way better none of that goofy "this is how its supposed to fit bs" I say make your own!!! And make it soon so you hang it see it work for it
  • Manda86
    Options
    yowza!!
  • sgtinvincible
    Options

wa wa wa WAAAA

ROFL :laugh:
  • sgtinvincible
    Options
    I will post pics when I finish the costume...if I am courageous enough I will actually post a picture of myself wearing it!

WOOHOO!!!!
  • iluvsparkles
    iluvsparkles Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    i found this super cute/sexy peacock outfit that i want so bad, but it is also freakishly expensive. How can something with so little fabric be so much?!
  • GTOgirl1969
    Options
    I don't know...but I know the costume I have my eye on has a lot of beading and intricate metalwork on it, so that's probably why it's so expensive. The company makes costumes for movies, I guess:ohwell:

It looks pretty similar to a belly dance outfit...maybe I could use something like that as a starting point?
  • iluvsparkles
    Options
    what gets me the most about that awesome costume is that it uses faux metal and gems, yet it is priced as if it was genuine!
  • iluvsparkles
    Options
    what gets me the most about that awesome costume is that it uses faux metal and gems, yet it is priced as if it was genuine!
  • FUNinTHEsun
    FUNinTHEsun Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    that is one hottt costume!!! and a great way to show off your hard work! can't wait to see pics!
  • rethun01
    rethun01 Posts: 167
    Options
    I don't know...but I know the costume I have my eye on has a lot of beading and intricate metalwork on it, so that's probably why it's so expensive. The company makes costumes for movies, I guess:ohwell:

It looks pretty similar to a belly dance outfit...maybe I could use something like that as a starting point?

Blah... you pay all this money because the beading looks intricate and then when it arrives it looks like they just used a bedazzler. I'm all about making my own costumes. If I knew my husband wouldn't kill me I would post a picture of me in my "Dirty Dorothy" (Wizard of Oz) costume I made when I was in college. But I doubt he'd appreciate that much!

:tongue: