I ate over 2,000 calories today

Options
So for dinner, I ate at this restaurant called pei Wei and got some frozen yogurt from this yogurt place and I chose the small size. It was for a party. Will I gain weight?

Replies

• AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    You might. Try to look at the big picture, and the overall trend of your eating habits. One day of overeating can't make you fat, just like one day of healthy eating can't make you fit.

edited for typos
  • IllustratedxGirl
    IllustratedxGirl Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    I eat over 2000 calories all the time. I also often exercise over 600 calories a day and a few times a week over 1000 calories a day.

As someone above mentioned, it depends on your over all eating habits. And of course how much you exercise
  • brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    Options
    So for dinner, I ate at this restaurant called pei Wei and got some frozen yogurt from this yogurt place and I chose the small size. It was for a party. Will I gain weight?

You won't gain weight from one day of eating.

What is your daily caloric goal and weekly loss plan? With that information in hand, look at 2000 calories in perspective. A sedentary, 5'2", 150lb, 25 year old female needs around 1777 calories per day to maintain ... so 2000 calories is only a 223 calorie surplus on one day. A 500 calorie deficit per day (that's a one pound per week setting) cancels that out easily in one day ... never mind the remaining deficit over the course of a week.
  • Hungry_Annie
    Hungry_Annie Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    Is this for real?
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    You might, you might not. Not a big deal to go over once in awhile. Earlier this week I was over my goal (of 2000) by 300+ cals, and was down over a pound the next morning. The next day I was a few hundred cals under goal, and up a pound the next morning. Clothes still fit the same. :tongue:

Going over goal once in awhile won't ruin your progress or undo any hard work. It's one day. :smile: I'm over goal at least once a week, and I've still managed to lose the weight and keep it off for over two years now. You'll be fine.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Most people have a TDEE of 2000 or more... You'll be fine.
  • essjay76
    essjay76 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Yep, you're going to gain a ton of weight. Might as well throw in the towel.

:smile: :smile:
  • __Di__
    __Di__ Posts: 1,639 Member
    Options
    Dunno, don't really care. Have a nice day now.
  • MityMax96
    MityMax96 Posts: 5,778 Member
    Options
    I think I ate over 2500 calories last night in chocolate chip cookies, brownies, milk alone.
  • _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options
    Didn't you post the same thing or similar last week 2 or 3 times? You really haven't worked out this troll business have you. It doesn't work when you post similar topics and people remember
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    2,000 calories? That`s breakfast on race day...........
  • pikselinka
    pikselinka Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    2,000 calories? That`s breakfast on race day...........

High five :)
  • Zekela
    Zekela Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    My only concern about this, that makes me find this whole situation suspicious is: Ninjas don't eat at a Chinese restaurant!!! Two different cultures, they prefer not to interact with each other ... OP is trolling!