Starving Day!!

Options
Holy Crap, what happened to me today. I have been doing pretty much the same thing for a while now and today has been one of the most starving days i think I have ever had, and I still have to workout before dinner. I have burned a lot of fat lately and am wondering if that is due to an increase perhaps in my metabolism. I have eaten about six times today already on healthy snacks. I am curious if this will again occur on tomorrow. Anyone else experience this or have additional information as to why this would occur so late in the game, if you will. It has been about 3mths since i have been working out. I have no complaints though, I am happy with the results I am getting but dang I am HONGRY!! Thanks

Replies

• Dlibo1013
    Dlibo1013 Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    having the same thing actually, very hard
  • bushman124
    bushman124 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I have had those days too. I don't know what triggers it but on those days I just do the best I can but I do ususally go over the alloted calories. But so far, by the next day the munchies are gone and I'm ready to get right back on track. Hope this helps. Just do the best you can! :flowerforyou:
  • ChellieIrish
    ChellieIrish Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    Maybe open your diary so we can see what you are eating :wink: it's hard to judge when we cannot see :heart:

Are you drinking enough water and eating enough Protein?
  • Melanie1967
    Melanie1967 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Very nice topic! I've been here for 268 days now, and started at 255lbs. I am down to 167lbs now, and I am WAY more hungry then I use to be. Someday's I feel like the stomach just isn't going to stop growling. I was wondering if it was just me, and been worried about falling into my old eating habits. So far I haven't, and been doing extra fruit. Good to know it's not just me feeling this way. I'm hoping that means my metabolism is burning more.
  • Dlibo1013
    Options
    outstanding Melanie
  • servingthealiens
    servingthealiens Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I have those days too. I think - if it's a ounce in a while thing, that is - that our bodies just need more calories a particular day for some reason or another. Those days I just try to eat healthy, high protein extras and not go too far over my calorie limit.

It's important to listen to your body. If it's telling you you're hungry, then you're HUNGRY. Just make sure you eat the right foods (low fat, high protein for the most part) and you should be OK. I have actually heard it's good to "mix up" your calories for the day as well. Like one day, eat 1200, the next, 1250, the next 1190, and so on because your body can get stuck in a rut and that's why a lot of people hit plateaus.
  • Dlibo1013
    Options
    1,200 you got to be kidding me
  • Jrak1980
    Jrak1980 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I was that way yesterday, I wanted to eat everything! I increased my workouts this week and did more strength training instead of cardio, maybe that's why!?!?! I don't know. Today however, I'm fine, barely want to eat anything, only want my wine :)
  • Dlibo1013
    Options
    i am really struggling today, I hae done so well for 12 weeks, today I am sad, feel like crying and have eaten 12 oreos :(
  • servingthealiens
    servingthealiens Posts: 144 Member
    Options

Sorry but what? I have a sedentary lifestyle, and weigh 128 lbs.
  • Dlibo1013
    Options
    oh Ok much smaller than me :-)

Sorry but what? I have a sedentary lifestyle, and weigh 128 lbs.
    [/quote]