5'6 161 pounds too big for a bikini??

Options
https://m.flickr.com/#/photos/46851362@N05/14892347963/
This is the bikini I want to wear. I've seen a lot of these forums but they don't have any pictures to show you what they look like anyway I'm 5'6 and 161 pounds ik I'm not fat but am I too big for a bikini I know there's no such thing as "too big" but what do you guys think?? Please don't sugar coat it if I'm not quite there yet I'll just keep trying....thanks for the feedback whoever comments:smile:

BTW this is from the side
https://m.flickr.com/#/photos/46851362@N05/14849487516/

Replies

• Itskaleena
    Itskaleena Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    No one is too big for a bikini. If you like the swim suite then get it and rock it.
    Don't worry what others will think. Just be confident in your own skin:)
  • sarafischbach9
    sarafischbach9 Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    I think you look good in your bikini. I've seen people much bigger than you in bikinis, so you're all right.

I don't think you have a lot to lose. You will get there!
  • SAHMDenise
    Options
    I know it's easier said than done but why don't you just wear what you want and forget what everyone else thinks? You are your own best supporter....and besides your confidence might just give another woman confidence too :) All the best!
  • Jim_Barteck
    Jim_Barteck Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    There's no shame in that game. Wear it :)
  • PepsiGal
    PepsiGal Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I think you should go ahead and wear that bikini with pride! You're well-proportioned and curvy; you already look good.
    I'm 5'6 and weigh 155 lbs and am too self-conscious.
  • cherrilovee
    cherrilovee Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    You look GREAT! If I had your body, I'd be wearing bikinis every time I go to the beach! Have confidence, you're beautiful!
  • Aemely
    Aemely Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    Super-cute. You have good proportions.

If in doubt, head to Pinterest, where there are some much larger ladies rockin' their bikinis. (Danger: Boob alert.)

http://www.pinterest.com/plussizeswim/plus-size-bikinis/
  • iridescentfall
    Options
    Thank you (; I think everyone is self conscious om some shape or form you made my day though xP
  • AnnaVee84
    AnnaVee84 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    How to get bikini body:

Step 1: buy bikini
    Step 2: put on body
    Step 3: enjoy!!

You go rock that bikini!!!! :smile:
  • RachelSteeners
    RachelSteeners Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    You look great! Don't be shy :wink:
  • iridescentfall
    Options
    You look GREAT! If I had your body, I'd be wearing bikinis every time I go to the beach! Have confidence, you're beautiful!
    (X
  • menojy
    menojy Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    No body is too big to have fun ! I used to be so worried about how I look in my one piece that I gave up swimming time with my boyfriend on a vacation ! just realized it doesn't matter .. we judge ourselves all the time and we think everyone is going to look and point but truth is everyone is busy enjoying their own time ..
    If I had your body, I would put on a bikini and walk smiling ... have fun :)
  • Stella_Mayfair
    Stella_Mayfair Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    It;s so up to u, take all I say with a grain of salt. I am 5ft6 as well and 134 lbs. I personally won't wear a bikini until I lose weight. I wear a nice one piece.
  • iridescentfall
    Options
    How to get bikini body:

Step 1: buy bikini
    Step 2: put on body
    Step 3: enjoy!!

You go rock that bikini!!!! :smile:
    *snaps fingers* yasssss!!! Lol but seriously thank you (x
  • iridescentfall
    Options
    Super-cute. You have good proportions.

If in doubt, head to Pinterest, where there are some much larger ladies rockin' their bikinis. (Danger: Boob alert.)

http://www.pinterest.com/plussizeswim/plus-size-bikinis/
    LOL thanks I'll check that out (x
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    it's not a full pic but this is elisabeth akinwale in a sorta bikini

image-1.jpeg?w=590&h=395

she's 5'7 160 ish

but yeah wear what you want. if people have a problem with it they can turn away or not..
  • Rill154
    Rill154 Posts: 3
    Options
    I'm the exact same height and weight as you, and I rock a bikini. Go for it.
  • BombshellPhoenix
    BombshellPhoenix Posts: 1,693 Member
    Options
    I think you're beautiful and you should rock that bikini. I won't just because I have this paranoia of my top flying off and scarring people while chasing my kids at the pool but it's all a self confidence thing. You've got this!
  • LAT1963
    LAT1963 Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    You'll be fine in a bikini. The thing is, you have to *know* you look fine.

You could put a supermodel in a bikini and if she doesn't feel confident, people will stare at her just because of the way she's acting, maybe slumping over or trying to hide her body with her arms.

Own the beach. You deserve to.
  • ChelseaWelseyKins
    ChelseaWelseyKins Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Too big for a bikini?

I think you should take that bikini.
    Throw it in the garbage.

And go buy a brand new, fancy looking expensive bikini to show off your rockin' body with. Because you deserve to be able to feel confident in public and worth wearing a stupid bikini. That's what I think.