Apple Cider Vinegar

Options
2»

Replies

• Chelsaisacat
    Chelsaisacat Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    To clarify what was said in an earlier post. Vinegar does not have an alkaline pH. It is highly acidic and its pH reflects it. However the effect it has on your body is alkaline. I believe the chemistry of it is that by consuming foods with higher acidity levels such as lemons and vinegar, your body compensates by neutralizing hence creating a more alkaline environment as these foods pass through your system.

Alternative medicine, and some health enthusiast swear by ACV, calling it a miracle elixir. Listing a long list of probable health benefits, anything from allergies, or diabetes, to cancer. Of course there are very few scientific studies available to site, so it isn't for everyone. But personally for me I prefer trying different foods and alternatives as opposed to pharmaceuticals and I've heard enough good things from people I trust that I'm willing to try it.

As for weight loss there was a study conducted where obese individuals consumed ACV and felt fuller, lost body fat and we're less likely to store mid section fat with continued use.

Here are a couple links to read up on it if you're curious.

http://www.prevention.com/weight-loss/weight-loss-tips/how-apple-cider-vinegar-could-slim-you-down

http://www.webmd.com/diet/apple-cider-vinegar?page=2

http://authoritynutrition.com/6-proven-health-benefits-of-apple-cider-vinegar/
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    So you're looking for a "miracle elixir".

I see.
  • Chelsaisacat
    Chelsaisacat Posts: 119 Member
    Options

I see.

I'm not looking for miracles. I'm quoting what I've heard the cocktail termed as. I'm working my butt off and won't attribute my hard work to miracles. I'm asking what other people have or have not experienced using apple cider vinegar. If it helps anyone with infections, blood, sugar, allergies, appetite suppressant then yeah that's fantastic and more motivation to add it to my routine every now and again.
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options

I see.

I'm not looking for miracles. I'm quoting what I've heard the cocktail termed as. I'm working my butt off and won't attribute my hard work to miracles. I'm asking what other people have or have not experienced using apple cider vinegar. If it helps anyone with infections, blood, sugar, allergies, appetite suppressant then yeah that's fantastic and more motivation to add it to my routine every now and again.

That alkaline acidic stuff is anything but scientific. The blood's acidity is very highly regulated. A slightly higher acidity in blood is called acidemia and it has nothing to do with food (it's caused by poor oxygen uptake). Now the benefits you were reading about do have studies to support but the vast majority of them is of poor quality. The main thing you are looking for is Ursolic Acid. You can have enough of that by eating 2-3 unpeeled apples a day, no need to torture yourself with something that you don't like.