GAINED 3 lbs??? How could this be???

Options
AJCM
AJCM Posts: 2,169 Member
Help!!! :frown:

I weigh in on Monday's, but I peeked at the scale today because I couldn't wait (I've been sticking to my calories and exercising lots) and I AM UP 3LBS!!?!?!?!?!?

I've been depressed all day (as pathetic as that sounds) and I want to throw in the towel. I've been so good, I haven't had a cocktail or glass of wine in months :grumble:, been sticking to my calories, and I'M GAINING WEIGHT!?!?!?!?

UGH! :explode:

Anyone experience this? Insight? Thoughts?
:ohwell:

Replies

• AJCM
    Options
    Help!!! :frown:

I weigh in on Monday's, but I peeked at the scale today because I couldn't wait (I've been sticking to my calories and exercising lots) and I AM UP 3LBS!!?!?!?!?!?

I've been depressed all day (as pathetic as that sounds) and I want to throw in the towel. I've been so good, I haven't had a cocktail or glass of wine in months :grumble:, been sticking to my calories, and I'M GAINING WEIGHT!?!?!?!?

UGH! :explode:

Anyone experience this? Insight? Thoughts?
    :ohwell:
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    Is it close to your TOM? I always gain then
  • AJCM
    Options
    Is it close to your TOM? I always gain then

No.... day 18.... :frown:
    Thanks for the reply though :flowerforyou:
  • shorerider
    shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
    Options
    Water weight probably--I gained over 2 pounds from last Saturday to last Sunday, overnight! :noway: Took me a few days and a horrible experiment with apple cider vinegar (see the current thread on that subject) to shed it overnight, just like it had appeared, with an additional pound loss to boot!
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    I don't know but I had the same problem. Stupid weight gain. Makes me mad. :mad: I managed to lose a couple of those pounds again though. The fat is not going to get the best of me! Keep hanging in there. I know it's discouraging but don't give up.
  • skinnydreams
    skinnydreams Posts: 1,178 Member
    Options
    Hey Chickie.......stop peaking at the scale!!!!! Last week I peaked and hadn't lost a thing, but on weigh in day I was down 5 lbs........our bodies do strange things and weight can fluctuate all day long:grumble:

Be kind to yourself, you're stressing over making a few poor trades for healthy ones and you shouldn't! You know this is working for you, maybe slower than you'ld like, but you look fabulous and it is working! Pair that with the results you've been seeing with Bio-Oil = One Hot Mama!!!!!
  • AJCM
    Options
    Hey Chickie.......stop peaking at the scale!!!!! Last week I peaked and hadn't lost a thing, but on weigh in day I was down 5 lbs........our bodies do strange things and weight can fluctuate all day long:grumble:

Be kind to yourself, you're stressing over making a few poor trades for healthy ones and you shouldn't! You know this is working for you, maybe slower than you'ld like, but you look fabulous and it is working! Pair that with the results you've been seeing with Bio-Oil = One Hot Mama!!!!!

Awww... Skinny Dreams... you always make me feel better. :flowerforyou: I'm out of control - I should have my hubby hide the scale and only bring it out once a week!

Mamared and Shorerider - can you tell me more? The same thing happened this week to you? UGH, it's so frustrating! Thanks for posting... :flowerforyou:

Hahaha re:Bio-Oil - are you loving it? I'm addicted! I'm thinking of trying it on a small patch of my son's eczema...
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I don't know why. It's not TOM because I'm 54 years old and haven't had TOM for years for crying out loud. And I know it's not muscle because I can see the extra fat. It's frustrating but I'm just going to keep plugging along. Stupid fat will not win! :noway:
  • amy_ryan
    amy_ryan Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    The downside to healthy eating--especially if you eat a lot of fiber--is occasional bloating, so that may be what you're going through (obviously high sodium and unhealthy things will cause this too, but that does not sound like the case with you). My weight fluctuates almost daily (by as much as 3 pounds, but more typically by .5-1 pound). I get really annoyed, but just remind myself that tomorrow the scale will likely be different! Check again in a day or two, or in a week. Don't get discouraged. :flowerforyou:
  • AJCM
    Options
    Thanks mama and amy... I'm going to keep plugging away too!

I have weeks where I lose nothing, the then the next week I lose a few, but to be up 3 was discouraging!

Thanks for all the support!
    :flowerforyou:
  • kimber607
    kimber607 Posts: 7,128 Member
    Options
    YES..I've had that happen only to jump on the scale my scheduled weigh-in day (wed am) and be down
    Since then I never ever jump on the scale more than once a week

Keep up the good work..it will pay off!!

Kim
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    Yeah, it's probably your body messing with you. Maybe you had a lot of salt or something. I wouldn't worry too much! I had a maintain this week too but I am learning to chill. I mean, I know I am doing everything right. Sometimes our bodies just don't like to cooperate and then will suddenly catch up!
  • AJCM
    Options
    Thanks Kimber and Tamin - glad to know it's not just me! I'm hoping all is balanced out by Monday!
    :smile: