Does anyone else on here have Fibromyalgia?

Options
Hello,
I have fibromyalgia and need to exercise to keep my muscles strong and flexible,
I also need to lose some weight as it will help and make me happier. Anyway i just wondered if anyone else on here is trying to lose weight with fibro?
Thanks
Laura:smile:

Replies

• lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    I do. I blogged a while ago about my story:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/viviakay/view/back-from-the-dead-1585

You're not alone, and you are strong enough to do this.:flowerforyou:
  • eversits
    eversits Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I do not have it, but I have spina bifida, and severe arthiritis. I am here to lose weight about 45 pounds, and to build muscles, and be more flexible...What do you do now for execises?
  • Amerann
    Options
    Yes I've known I have fibromyalgia for about 10 yrs but have had it for about 15.Regular exercise definitely helps to blow off stress which often makes the symptoms worse.There are days//weeks when I'm moving slower/fighting fibro fog, aching but if I exercise I almost always feel better-If I don't I know I need rest.It's definitely gotta be a balance.When I work out 7 days a week it's too much-gotta listen to your body.
  • minx88xl
    Options
    I do wii exercies using a game called EA Active, it gives me a list of exercises that are going to be included in the work out so i can remove the ones i cant do, it also includes rest days where it wont let you do too much so its pretty good for me.

I also do yoga, the slow one, nothing too extreme!
  • potluck965
    potluck965 Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia way back over 20 years ago, before it was fashionable. I also have had significant arthritis since I was in my forties.

I have led an active life although I have had to say that there are just certain things I cannot do. The pain and fatigue were a good excuse for packing on a few extra pounds, but I figure I am not hurting anyone but myself.

You can do it, too. It is a mindset.
  • viggie
    viggie Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Yes I have it too. I was diagnosed in 2006 I think (fibro fog) :grumble: lol. I think I've had it since I was about 15 or so. My mom says she remembers me saying how bad I hurt way back then. I'm in my fifties now and it's gotten worse. Some days it feel like someone took a baseball bat and beat me all over. But back to the positive! I deal with the pain and try to do the best that I can. So you do that too. Just do the best you can and love yourself for doing it. Treat yourself with tender loving care. Hey.... That's what I need to do too. Sometimes just writing out things helps with our thinking. Thanks!