Not doing well on holiday!.

Options
keefmac
keefmac Posts: 313 Member
Been here two days, double cheeseburger with bacon and fries for dinner yesterday, egg and bacon bun for breakfast and going for Roast Beef dinner in an hour.

Plus beer is going down too easily on a night!.

Plus side is the wife and kids are having a great time and it's break from work, I'll deal with the diet aftermath when I get home..

Replies

• sentaruu
    sentaruu Posts: 2,206 Member
    Options
    mmm....bacon.
  • keefmac
    Options
    Burger and chips for dinner (although I did well and left half the chips..), Cod in batter and chips for tea plus 4 pints of beer.

May be best to have a week of being good when I get back before I step on the scales again...
  • MikeCrazy
    MikeCrazy Posts: 2,716 Member
    Options
    I would enjoy while you are away, and just watch taking in too much sugar. I.E. soda and dessert...otherwise you should be fine.
  • Monkey_Business
    Monkey_Business Posts: 1,800 Member
    Options
    Unlike

Caution: Use some moderation
  • keefmac
    Options
    I would enjoy while you are away, and just watch taking in too much sugar. I.E. soda and dessert...otherwise you should be fine.

I'm quite lucky that I don't have a sweet tooth so rarely if ever have a desert. I don't like sugar loaded drinks either so mostly drink water/ tea or diet coke.

Passed up the ice cream today and had a diet drink instead.
  • keefmac
    Options
    Tuesday, 2 slices toast for breakfast.

No dinner.

Beef Madras curry with boiled rice for tea.

6 pints!.

All day breakfast pasty for supper..
  • keefmac
    Options
    Wednesday;

Breakfast: 2 slice bacon, 2 sausages, fried egg, beans, slice buttered toast.

No Lunch.

Tea: large french bread stick with chicked, peppers and brie soft chese.

2 pints of bitter.
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,657 Member
    Options
    Get some exercise. Hotel gym, day passes at a local gym, or just walking around sight seeing.
  • dammitjanet0161
    dammitjanet0161 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Eat some salad or veg!!!!

Whereabouts are you on your hols? I take it you're still in the UK?

Have a good time (sounds like you are!), but when you get back home just be aware that you'll probably be carryng quite a lot of water weight as all the meaty, savoury food will be loaded with sodium. Plus the beer calories add up - I put on about 4lbs after a week all-inc in Spain where I ate pretty healthily but didn't skimp on the Estrella and sangria. 2lbs of that went very quickly when I got back, but the other 2lbs were genuine fat gain which I put down to the booze. Gone now, was totally worth it to enjoy my hols but took some work to shift when I got back!
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    I dont really see the point of this thead.. get off the internet and go enjoy your holiday with your family... :laugh:

you have 51 other weeks of the year to try and lose weight. personally i eat whatever i want in whatever portion size i want when i am on holiday... and work hard the rest of the year!
  • IHateThinkingOfAUsername
    Options
    I dont really see the point of this thead.. get off the internet and go enjoy your holiday with your family... :laugh:
    ;) to keep that day streak going of course.
  • susieqtx123
    susieqtx123 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Like others that have said it on here, I wouldn't worry too much about what you are eating & just enjoy your holiday with your family. If you can go for some scenic walks while you're away, go for it, but generally just enjoy yourself!! If you are too vocal or obsessing about what you're eating, then your family may notice it too and may feel you're not enjoying yourself.

I'm off on my hols tomorrow & we are taking the bikes & will try do some cycling and walking as where we are going has a lot of areas to explore. But generally if the bikes don't get ridden & I eat a lot of burgers and non-diet types of food, my key is to enjoy myself with my family and not be too obsessive about what I eat. Then get right back to the gym as soon as I get back!!

Have a great holiday! :smile:
  • keefmac
    Options
    Thursday;.

Breakfast, nothing.

Dinner, Rum and Raisin ice cream.

Tea, Chef Special fried platter.

6 pints!.

I've been walking quite a bit with the kids, the point to this really is I went on holiday at 82.8 kg and have had a 'real' holiday (can't honestly understand the word "gym" popping up in the same sentence).

I've written everything down during the week and will update it when I get back down to 82.8kg.

This.will give other normal people an idead of what it takes.to get back to their starting weight after enjoying themselves for week..
  • keefmac
    Options
    Friday;

Breakfast, was 2 sausage, 2 bacon, fried egg, toast and beans.

Dinner, was busy on the beach so just drank a few bottles of diet coke all day.

Tea, sweet and sour pork with boiled white rice, 1 pint of beer.

That was the end of my holiday!, 5 hour drive back on Saturday 4am.

Back to normal eating and work till Chrismas ;).

Will weigh in on Tuesday using works calibrated scale and see what the damage is, (doesn't really matter as I had a great time!).

Shocking to think I regularly used to drink 6 pints on a normal weeknight, think that's where most of my weight appeared from in the first place!.
  • keefmac
    Options
    Big weigh in this morning, was 82.8kg now 84kg so not a bad trade off for a week of enjoyment!.

Will have that gone in around a weeks so all good!.