What am I doing wrong!?!?!?!?

Options

Replies

• Happymelz
    Happymelz Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    I'm amazed someone has 3 - 6 hours a day to exercise.

Not really that hard to workout that much. Really easy actually. Just takes dedication.

lol..."grownups" rarely get 3-6 hours a day to do anything if they work full time.
  • apeandjazz
    apeandjazz Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I agree with the rest. no matter what even if you were to starve yourself (under 1200) a day or under your bmi you would still lose and that's without all the exercise your claiming you doing ? So there is no way you are exceriseing that much unless you are a athlete by profession lol because even if you were to starve you would still lose weight not a good choice but youd still lose weight , although doctors like to say that if you don't eat your body goes into starvation mode and hold onto fat,ya it does but you still get tiny, that's how anorexia comes into play. sooo you have to log everything,cheese slice the tablespoon of milk in your tea, breastfeeding, a pinch of salt. my advice is no salt or sugars and no breads ! you save a lot of space without.goodluck
  • apeandjazz
    apeandjazz Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    ill also add....I just looked at your pics and you are very skinny ?? so the weight is your height and mucle tone, you really do look like your not eating enough,starting to look sick looking,with all honesty.
  • tracymayo1
    tracymayo1 Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    Austeena - did you read my post?
    Did you read all the other posts regarding your logging being wrong?

I don't want to believe you are just ignoring the information you don't want to hear - but because you are replying to other random posts, or posts that are asking about what your exercise routine is, I have a feeling that maybe this is exactly what you are doing.

We are trying to help you out by giving you solid, PROVEN advice - but if you aren't willing/able to take it, then why even come on these boards for help/support?
  • hj1119
    hj1119 Posts: 173 Member
    Options

Not really that hard to workout that much. Really easy actually. Just takes dedication.

Oh to be 19..
  • Happymelz
    Options

Oh to be 19..

I know, RIGHT!?!?!?!?

ETA:
    When I was 19 I exercised 2-3 hours a day for a while.
    Of course...I also had an eating disorder.
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options

Oh to be 19..

^^^This, I wonder if OP is open to babysit so I can get 3hrs in.

Oh, and since it seems to continuously get skimmed over. OP, revisit your logging, both food intake and exercise calorie estimations.
  • AusteenaHayes
    Options
    I'm reading all posts guys. But I cannot, I repeat...CANNOT WEIGH MY FOOD! Why? I use to battle with anorexia and if I start to weigh my food I will soon relapse. I know I will. So please, give me some other advice that doesn't involve weighing my food.
  • Happymelz
    Options
    I'm reading all posts guys. But I cannot, I repeat...CANNOT WEIGH MY FOOD! Why? I use to battle with anorexia and if I start to weigh my food I will soon relapse. I know I will. So please, give me some other advice that doesn't involve weighing my food.

Eat more.

I know that is hard to wrap your head around. but see my first post/question to you. If you are NOT eating your exercise calories back then you aren't getting enough fuel.
  • willrun4bagels
    willrun4bagels Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    OP... why did it take 3 pages of comments from people trying to help you before you finally tell us about your history of an eating disorder?

Since weighing your food is not an option but you still want to lose weight and have a history of an ED: See a doctor.
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options
    OP... why did it take 3 pages of comments from people trying to help you before you finally tell us about your history of an eating disorder?

Since weighing your food is not an option but you still want to lose weight and have a history of an ED: See a doctor.

^This. And since you are exercising 3-6 hours a day and calling it "dedication," I do not think you have quite conquered your eating disorder. Please see a doctor and get help. :flowerforyou:
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options

^^This..

and this has been skipped over a couple times too, but pointed out, and doesn't have to do with weighing food.
    Your workout estimates are vastly over-estimated.

Vastly.

and

this
    And since you are exercising 3-6 hours a day and calling it "dedication," I do not think you have quite conquered your eating disorder. Please see a doctor and get help. flowerforyou
  • Barbellarella_
    Barbellarella_ Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    You're probably not losing becuase of you're eating disorder history. Try properly fueling it, and actually exercising moderately, not obsessively. You'd might be surprised that you'll get to a healthy weight for yourself.

Also, its interesting that logging your food doesn't trigger your anorexia, but you think weighing your food will?? As someone else mentioned you had several days recently under 500 calories, it seems like your problem might be resurfacing without you realizing it. Please talk to a responsible adult that can get you help.
  • skippygirlsmom
    skippygirlsmom Posts: 4,433 Member
    Options

lol..."grownups" rarely get 3-6 hours a day to do anything if they work full time.

LOL I was going to say that - I run 45 to 60 mins a day and lift 45 - 60 mins 3 times a week and that is juggling things.
  • AusteenaHayes
    Options

^This. And since you are exercising 3-6 hours a day and calling it "dedication," I do not think you have quite conquered your eating disorder. Please see a doctor and get help. :flowerforyou:

I do consider it dedication and I am proud I am active and healthy now. But I want to know the RIGHT way to lose weight.
  • williams969
    williams969 Posts: 2,528 Member
    Options

LOL I was going to say that - I run 45 to 60 mins a day and lift 45 - 60 mins 3 times a week and that is juggling things.

Yes, me too! 6 hours a WEEK of exercise, not daily. And OP--I'm of similar size--if I'm recalling your stats correctly--I'm 5'6", 146/147 lbs. I'm twice as old (so "slower" metabolism, generally), but I eat far more than you are, exercise far less (but a moderate mix of strength/cardio), and I'm losing weight.

Overtraining and undereating is NOT going to accomplish anything healthy. At all. It's not "dedication"; it's a recipe for injury or worse.
  • skippygirlsmom
    skippygirlsmom Posts: 4,433 Member
    Options

I do consider it dedication and I am proud I am active and healthy now. But I want to know the RIGHT way to lose weight.

Active is one thing, but you are obsessed, it's not the same thing. Everything in moderation.
  • willrun4bagels
    willrun4bagels Posts: 838 Member
    Options

That's not dedication, you're over-exercising to create large calorie burns and not eating enough calories to fuel your workouts. See a doctor.
  • Barbellarella_
    Barbellarella_ Posts: 454 Member
    Options

Exercise Responsibly (not 3 hours a day), Eat at a Moderate deficit (not under 1200/day). Repeat.
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options

You say dedication, I say gymorexic