Need a new heart rate monitor... best value??

tessjordan88
tessjordan88 Posts: 201 Member
edited September 22 in Fitness and Exercise
I've been thinking about getting a new heart rate monitor, and was just curious... what's the best bang for your buck? It has to be very affordable as well as fairly accurate. Hopefully under $80, if there is a good one at that price range.

Any suggestions??

Replies

• mrmarius
    mrmarius Posts: 1,802 Member
    i use the sportline s7 from walmart paid about 30 for it, you can get some more upscale ones there too that are still in the price range you want. otehr than that i've seen some at academy for about 80 and up i think they were the polar brand thats popular here
  • tessjordan88
    I haven't seen them at my local Wal-Mart yet. I'll ask them to order some though. $30 is VERY affordable! Is it pretty accurate?
  • i was shopping recently for an hrm and polled the boards....nobody recommended the walmart low-ends as they are inaccurate. they ALL suggested i save up for a "polar" with a chest strap. i found a polar ft4 for $69 and just today somebody said it's on amazon.com for $59!

comes with the chest strap, uses electrode technology to get your heart rate and sends it to the watch you wear. tells me my heart rate while working out which is a huge incentive when walking (which tells me when i need to work a little harder! :blushing: ), calories burned, how long i worked out, average heart rate, max heart rate, and how long i spent in the "target zone". you tell it your age, weight, height so it can calc more accurately calories burned. the chest strap has elasticity to it and is adjustable for a snug but comfy fit.

hope that helps! :flowerforyou:
  • tessjordan88
    OK, thanks! If I don't find something better soon, I'll add that to my Christmas wish list! (Unless I order it on payday! :tongue: )
  • mrmarius
    mrmarius Posts: 1,802 Member
    I haven't seen them at my local Wal-Mart yet. I'll ask them to order some though. $30 is VERY affordable! Is it pretty accurate?

i believe it is pretty accurate, i didnt start to lose anything until i bought one
This discussion has been closed.