P90x- Resistance band/ equipment ?s

Options
Hi all you P90x pros out there!

I'm thinking about borrowing/buying P90x. I only have free weights in 3, 5, and 8lbs. I have very limited money and space, so I was thinking about using resistance bands for the program. Regarding my current fitness level, I did the 30 Day Shred with the 3lb weights with no problem, subbing the 8lbs for lifts, rows, etc. (I didn't have the 5lb weights yet).

I have a few questions:

Re: Resistance bands

1) What do I need? Multiple bands or is it a one-size-serves-all-requirements type thing?
2) Should I use bands with handles?
3) Will I always secure the bands around my feet, or will some exercises require securing the band to something else? If it must be secured, are there alternatives to a door?

Re: Alternative exercise for the pull-up

I know that a pull-up bar-- or something high to use secure a band-- is required for the program. Since I would have neither, what exercises have people used as an alternative?

Re: The Perfect Pushup

I see that a pushup-helper is recommended if people have wrist problems. I do have wrist problems, and I have had limited success gripping my weights for help. How much are pushups integrated into P90x?

Thank you in advance for your responses!

Replies

• trinityj1
    trinityj1 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I'd get the heaviest resistance band (with handles) you can find for the pull-ups and use your free weights for the rest. That's all I have and I manage quite well. I didn't get the bands with the attachment, I just loop them around the hinge on my door. Works. :P

I'm doing the Lean version of the program and there isn't a lot of push-ups thus far, but I'm pretty sure there *are* a lot in the workouts I haven't gotten to yet.
  • UpToAnyCool
    UpToAnyCool Posts: 1,673
    Options
    bump