National Lazy Day

Options
chrissyrenee1029
chrissyrenee1029 Posts: 358 Member
So apparently ‪National Lazy Day‬ is a thing, and it's today. Seriously? Considering the fact that according to the CDC over 1/3 of American adults are considered obese (myself included) and the percentage of children who are considered obese has tripled in just one generation, I can't get on board with the encouragement of laziness in any respect. So I'm officially boycotting "National Lazy Day" and encourage everyone to get up and do something active today instead! ‪

Replies

• randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    Today is my rest day, I'm good.
  • shadowofender
    shadowofender Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    I'm always lazy on Sundays. Can't go all out every day or I'll burn myself out. It's almost 1pm I'm still in pajamas.
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    Today is my rest day, I'm good.

This.

Don't see the big deal, seeing as we have other days like 420. Sherm sherrrmmm
  • gypsy_spirit
    gypsy_spirit Posts: 2,107 Member
    Options
    I had to make up a work out, but had I known in advance - I would have celebrated.

brst-thing-on-a-lazy-saturday-77986722415.jpg?w=645
  • aqualeo1
    aqualeo1 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I'm in for the lazy day. Nothing wrong with taking a break IMO. Sorry :(
  • chrissyrenee1029
    chrissyrenee1029 Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    I totally get it...everybody needs a rest day when you're active every day. I guess it just bugs me that it's encouraging a nation of already pretty lazy folks to be lazy. I don't know. I think I need to go eat something, lol.
  • Tialuna18
    Tialuna18 Posts: 9,591 Member
    Options
    Good thing cause I had my wisdom teeth taken out yesterday and these T3's are making me want to do nothing but sleep and never leave my bed x__x Enjoy everyone~
  • sentaruu
    sentaruu Posts: 2,206 Member
    Options
    for me, every day is a lazy day
  • _SantaClause
    _SantaClause Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    I totally get it...everybody needs a rest day when you're active every day. I guess it just bugs me that it's encouraging a nation of already pretty lazy folks to be lazy. I don't know. I think I need to go eat something, lol.

National Lazy Day is why Americans are fat.
  • Meerataila
    Meerataila Posts: 1,885 Member
    Options

Actually 365 days of stress and office work and food that someone else made for us is why we're fat. Cooking and going for a lovely run on a safe street are luxuries that few have the time, energy, or money to enjoy.

There are right ways and wrong ways to be lazy. Our society needs to revolve around cooking big, healthy, lazy meals from fresh ingredients, lazing around with friends on a hiking trail, lazing around in the evenings at dance clubs dancing with friends, and telling corporate America where it can put it's unhealthy focus on profit. That is the kind of lazy that will make us thin and healthy.
  • MiloBloom83
    MiloBloom83 Posts: 2,724 Member
    Options
    Thank God it's today! I feel soooooooooo much better about the choices that I have made so far today now...
  • CarolinaGirlinVA
    CarolinaGirlinVA Posts: 1,512 Member
    Options
    I go go go all week long. Today I locked myself in my bedroom and I've been reading. I do not feel one bit guilty. I have 3 boys, one of which is special needs, without a break, I will end up jumping off of the tallest bridge.
  • _SantaClause
    _SantaClause Posts: 335 Member
    Options

Actually 365 days of stress and office work and food that someone else made for us is why we're fat. Cooking and going for a lovely run on a safe street are luxuries that few have the time, energy, or money to enjoy.

There are right ways and wrong ways to be lazy. Our society needs to revolve around cooking big, healthy, lazy meals from fresh ingredients, lazing around with friends on a hiking trail, lazing around in the evenings at dance clubs dancing with friends, and telling corporate America where it can put it's unhealthy focus on profit. That is the kind of lazy that will make us thin and healthy.

dfgh1.gif