Potatos!!!!!!!!!!

Options
2»

Replies

• FaylinaMeir
    FaylinaMeir Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    I've been known to eat 2 pounds of potatoes in one sitting, they are great for weight loss assuming you keep your calories down and don't overload them with tons of butter and such. I've lost over 60 pounds eating like 300g of carbs a day and my blood tests are amazing. =)
  • Meerataila
    Meerataila Posts: 1,885 Member
    Options
    I've been known to eat 2 pounds of potatoes in one sitting, they are great for weight loss assuming you keep your calories down and don't overload them with tons of butter and such. I've lost over 60 pounds eating like 300g of carbs a day and my blood tests are amazing. =)

Salsa and mustard are great low cal potato toppings.
  • thom3747
    Options
    I eat sweet potato's nearly every day. 250-300 grams a day to be exact. Sweet potato's add a ton of fiber and, vitamin A, and vitamin C. Love them.
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 9,079 Member
    Options
    How are you making oven fries without oils??
    The oil helps them crisp up and not stick to the pan...

All you need is a light spray of cooking spray on the baking tray - next to no calories in that.

That's how I do them.
  • catcalledjinx
    Options
    Potatoes 3 to 4 times a week is absolutely fine. Everything in moderation .... you've got it!
  • catcalledjinx
    Options
    Potatoes 3 to 4 times a week is absolutely fine. Everything in moderation .... you've got it!
    You might want to add some green stuff into your diet though and maybe have the odd apple instead of banana to make your diet more balanced. I reckon the crackers and cheese are worse than the potatoes, if you want something to worry about. And Gatorade never did anyone any good.

Good luck :)
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    Nothing sticks to the pan if you use Glad bake baking paper. Use as much or as little oil as you want then.
  • traceywoody
    traceywoody Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    No. Potatoes rock! Enjoy them.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Potatoes are not bad. No food is bad, barring allergies. If they fit into your caloric count then eat them.

this
  • wannakimmy
    wannakimmy Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    Yep, I use a cooking spray to help them not stick and give them a bit of a crunch. Haven't made them this summer, too hot to have the oven on. lol There are many different seasoning to use so you don't get bored with them too.
  • Velum_cado
    Velum_cado Posts: 1,608 Member
    Options
    Potatoes are good for you! I eat plenty of them and haven't had any problems with weight loss.
  • lishie_rebooted
    lishie_rebooted Posts: 2,973 Member
    Options

All you need is a light spray of cooking spray on the baking tray - next to no calories in that.

That's how I do them.

That's depressing.
  • lishie_rebooted
    lishie_rebooted Posts: 2,973 Member
    Options
    You might want to add some green stuff into your diet though and maybe have the odd apple instead of banana to make your diet more balanced. I reckon the crackers and cheese are worse than the potatoes, if you want something to worry about. And Gatorade never did anyone any good.

Good luck :)

Cheese is delish.
    Crackers are a great way to transport cheese.
  • Meerataila
    Meerataila Posts: 1,885 Member
    Options

That's how I do them.

Or onions or other veggies with high water content on the bottom, fries cook on top, eat the whole mess. Just don't breathe on anyone for awhile after. Or only breathe on people you don't like.