Song Lyric Face Palm

Options
QuiznatoddBidness
QuiznatoddBidness Posts: 603 Member
What is a song lyric you THOUGHT you heard . . . then learned the correct lyric later.

For example:

I thought AC/DC was singing "Dirty deeds and the Thunder Chief" for quite a while. :huh:

I thought Hootie and the Blowfish sang "Said I shot a many three, took his wife to Italy" until many years later when I realized they were saying "a man named Grey" (quoting Dylan). Face palm.

Replies

• darkrose20
    darkrose20 Posts: 1,139 Member
    Options
    What is a song lyric you THOUGHT you heard . . . then learned the correct lyric later.

For example:

I thought AC/DC was singing "Dirty deeds and the Thunder Chief" for quite a while. :huh:

I thought Hootie and the Blowfish sang "Said I shot a many three, took his wife to Italy" until many years later when I realized they were saying "a man named Grey" (quoting Dylan). Face palm.

I thought Linkin' Park was racist for a REALLY long time. I thought it was "Shut up motha f...kn ni...ga" I decided to read the lyrics on line and found out it was "Shut up when I'm talkin' to ya." YEESH! :blushing:
  • _SantaClause
    _SantaClause Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    "revved up like a douche in the middle of the night"
  • williams969
    williams969 Posts: 2,528 Member
    Options
    LOL! I do know the correct lyrics, but I had a boyfriend in high school that always sang Steve Miller Band's "Jet Airliner" as "Big ol' jet had a light on" instead of "Big ol' jet airliner".

Thanks, Brad! I will always belt it out the wrong way every single time I hear it on the radio.:laugh:
  • williams969
    Options

:laugh: I don't care what the right words are. THAT is how I will sing it. Always.
  • _SantaClause
    _SantaClause Posts: 335 Member
    Options

:laugh: I don't care what the right words are. THAT is how I will sing it. Always.

Oh me too, every single time.
  • williams969
    Options

Oh me too, every single time.

Oops. Just checked with my husband. The "correct" mis-wording (according to him) is "Revved up like douche, a mother moaning in the night." :huh: :laugh: I like his better, now!
  • FancyPantsFran
    FancyPantsFran Posts: 3,687 Member
    Options
    Bald Headed Women really More Than A Women from the Bee Gees

and You Have To Hide your Ugly Face- really You Have To Hide Your LOve Away- Beatles
  • ldonahue74
    ldonahue74 Posts: 53 Member
    Options

haha...when i was younger i sang it as "wrapped up like a douche, another roamer in the night"
  • ldonahue74
    ldonahue74 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    in the song "voices" by disturbed, when he says "you're making me known", my son thought he said "you're making meatloaf" LOL
  • april27kelli
    april27kelli Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Gwen Stefani ~ "I ain't no Harlem black girl" instead of "I ain't no hollaback girl"
  • SaintGiff
    SaintGiff Posts: 3,678 Member
    Options
    Fine. I'll admit it...

Nicole Allison
    Nicole Allison
    Nicole Allison
    Nicole Allison
    Nicole Allison
    etc
  • kewpiecyster
    kewpiecyster Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I can't think of one (I mean - I have always said revved up like a douche...lol). However - my brother used to sing "I hear the secrets that you keep - when you're talking to your sheep" when he was 5 - and it sort of stuck with me. LOL. I can't sing it the correct way for the life of me.
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    Dancing queen, feel the beat of the tangerine, oh yeah... (Abba)

I'm so fancy, can you taste this girl (Iggy A.)

One second I'm a Koontz-face, suddenly the Koontz is me (Gags)
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    Alex the Seal (Go-Go's)
  • Jeep_This
    Jeep_This Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    My brother thought Panama by Van Halen was Head and Bump.
  • LisAri72
    LisAri72 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Some kind of wonderful- the line can I get a witness? I always thought it was, can I get a whiskey?
  • mlt2908
    mlt2908 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I have a friend that thought the Neil Diamond song was "Reverend Blue Jeans" and couldn't figure out why he'd be singing about a pastor. Another friend thought that in the the Sound of Music song they were singing "Tea, a drink with German Bread" instead of "Tea, a drink with jam and bread." My goofed up lyric was from Chicago ...lyrics "just you and me, simple and free" sounded to me like "just you and me, soon we'll be three" and to my junior high mind, I thought they were singing about having a baby.
  • adlace
    adlace Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    There's a bathroom on the right. Really it's "bad moon on the rise." (not a supermoon just a bad moon)

And the other language or word salad at the beginning of Passion Pit's Sleepy Head-- "Please unicorn eat tacos with meeee!"
  • ilfaith
    ilfaith Posts: 16,770 Member
    Options
    "Reelin' in the EARS"...by Steely Dan
  • Bucky83
    Bucky83 Posts: 1,194 Member
    Options
    Whitesnake's "Here I Go Again"

It's supposed to be:

'Cos I know what it means
    To walk along the lonely street of dreams

I sing (and still laugh about it)