Any big lads? 300lb+

Options
SteveMFP123
SteveMFP123 Posts: 298 Member
I'm interested in seeing some successful transformations from some big guys, I started at just under 300lb myself although at my heaviest I was probably closer to 320lbs. The thing that scares me most about losing weight is being left with lots of extra skin which I can't afford to have removed.

Replies

• ewhip17
    ewhip17 Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    Yep. Started at 318. And I hear you on the skin but if that happens, it's a price I'm willing to pay. At least now I can get up a flight of stairs!
  • fmpro
    fmpro Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Loose skin seems to be a crap shoot. I started about about 345 and am now down to 232. I've got a bout 40 pounds to go. I lost this weight slowly over a two year period. So far, no loose skin as far as I can tell but won't know for certain until I drop the rest of my weight.
  • mrron2u
    mrron2u Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    At my highest I was 378 and am now right at 300. I still have a ways to go, but I can tell you that I went from size 48 to soze 40 so far and the loose skin thing has not been a problem yet. I also hope I don't have that issue, but I am more concerned with controlling my diabetes and being healthier so I'll take the trade off.
  • Tim_CNY
    Tim_CNY Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    330, down to 201 as of this morning. I doubt this stomach is going to spring back to perfect shape, but I'm ok with that. Not being sweaty and tired walking for 30 minutes, shopping at normal clothes stores, not worrying about fitting into a restaurant booth, feeling better than I have in 10 years...all are worth having some wrinkly skin.
  • karllundy
    karllundy Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    Highest was about 300, started trying from about 280. Now fluctuate from 180-185. I have a little on my abdomen, a little on my upper arms and a little on my face. Sooo worth it though! Also, I was overweight or obese for 30+ years.

As others have said, normal clothes, "small" airline seats, health, positive example for my kids and so on...the benefits go on and on.

Way to get started and good luck!!!
  • TheSatinPumpkin
    TheSatinPumpkin Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    started @ 432lbs almost this time last year and currently 245lbs.
  • karllundy
    karllundy Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    started @ 432lbs almost this time last year and currently 245lbs.

Damn! You are awesome!
  • tracied30
    Options
    330, down to 201 as of this morning. I doubt this stomach is going to spring back to perfect shape, but I'm ok with that. Not being sweaty and tired walking for 30 minutes, shopping at normal clothes stores, not worrying about fitting into a restaurant booth, feeling better than I have in 10 years...all are worth having some wrinkly skin.

That is awesome progress, Tony. Congratulations!
  • TheNewPriceIsLoading
    TheNewPriceIsLoading Posts: 2,135 Member
    Options
    Started at 290, now down to ~240. Feel a lot better, and have more energy as a whole.
  • SteveMFP123
    Options
    I feel a lot better after reading these responses, I'm glad that I'm not 100% destined to have loose skin. And when I say loose skin I'm not talking about a little bit of looseness, that's expected, but like a full on swinging apron.

Another question for you big guys, did you suffer with back pain? I have awful backache right now which prevents me from standing or sitting for extended periods without extreme pain. I was wondering how much the weight loss helped reduce your aches and pains?

I just started my second month of 10 Minute Trainer today, the first month I was doing 1x exercise per day and lost 6lbs, this month I'm bumping it up to 2x exercises per day and my God was it hard, by the end I couldn't feel my legs but I did it. I'm hoping to get close to the 1 stone mark after this month.
  • captmiddy
    captmiddy Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I went from about 305 max down to 175 now and I have a fair amount of loose skin but that is to be expected as I did this almost all with cardio and no weight work. I am going to be working on that side more now that I have gotten into my target zone and hopefully some of this will clear up, but if not I am not all that phased by it. I figure it took me 40+ years to get to where I was, if it takes me a good 5 years to get to where I need to go that is fine. If it takes 40 years oh well, we pay for the mistakes of our youth :happy:
  • ewhip17
    ewhip17 Posts: 515 Member
    Options

Another question for you big guys, did you suffer with back pain? I have awful backache right now which prevents me from standing or sitting for extended periods without extreme pain. I was wondering how much the weight loss helped reduce your aches and pains?

Yes and to be quite honest, I still do. To this point I've gutted it out and worked through it with low impact exercise and being very careful.
    BUT, here's the thing - I recently started going to physical therapy for my back which is something I never would have done at 318lbs. Partly due to embarrassment, but also in part because my physical well being wasn't a priority (obviously). Now it is though and it's funny how through this process you really start to look at all of the things in your life that could use improvement. It's really given me some clarity and helped me cut through all the BS excuses I was making in my life.
  • AmmyP
    AmmyP Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    You're only 28 meaning that there is a lot of elasticity still in your makeup. Most of you should go back into shape. The older you get the less it will return to normal. Good luck.
  • cajuntank
    cajuntank Posts: 924 Member
    Options
    Started at 333lbs and am at around 194lbs. My advice is to lose it slowly, no more than .5-1% bodyweight loss weekly at most. This will give you the best possible outcome in regards to loose skin as if you lose it too fast, that's when excess skin can be an issue, not to say you won't have some, but you can only do what you can do.
  • SteveMFP123
    Options
    Started at 333lbs and am at around 194lbs. My advice is to lose it slowly, no more than .5-1% bodyweight loss weekly at most. This will give you the best possible outcome in regards to loose skin as if you lose it too fast, that's when excess skin can be an issue, not to say you won't have some, but you can only do what you can do.

Yeah I doubt I'll be losing the weight super fast, I lost 6lb last month but honestly I did cheat a little on my diet and exercise the last 3 days because I felt it wasn't doing any good (damn you negative brain!), but after seeing I had lost weight, and it was working it has given me a new level of motivation. I'd like to lose 7lbs a month while I'm still very big.
  • povertystriken
    povertystriken Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I started at 340 lbs on 1/15/14 and I'm down to 245. So far, I don't have super lose skin anywhere, but my stomach isn't super tight..that's for sure! I wouldn't worry about it much. I definitely would prefer lose skin that only my spouse and I know about versus the HUGE body I had before that everyone could see.

Best wishes mate! One step at a time!
  • nentecular
    nentecular Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I was around 330lb when I started and I'm now down to 178(ish). I didn't really notice any loose skin until I got under about 210lb but it is a bit frustrating. I have it around my belly, the inside of the top of my thighs and my bum cheeks. There's also a little looseness on my back but that's not noticeable, I'm just aware of it as I roll over at night.

At my age and lack of skin elasticity, it's to be expected really.
  • markstar69
    markstar69 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    A doctor told me that it's very hard to predict whether or how much extra skin I would have if I was a normal weight, sometimes it's just genetics. Personally I'm not worried and I'm focusing on the health improvement aspects. I've only lost 7% of my body weight but I'm already seeing positive results. Lots more energy, easier to walk, lowering blood sugar levels.
    I do love reading everyone's posts, they really help with my motivation. Best wishes on your weigh loss journey.
  • betomxl
    betomxl Posts: 10
    Options
    I started at 330, today i was at 302, still pretty fat but i like all the stories here. I just want to get at 250, i think that loose,skin wont be an issue at that weight
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!