setting myself a new goal this week. :)

cass89
cass89 Posts: 198 Member
edited September 22 in Fitness and Exercise
so feeling really unmovtivated this week. feeling like ive put on weight. so i thought, rather than worrying about the past i can only improve on the future and ive decided to get my A into G.
My non scale goal this week is to go the gym everyday this week (except saturday because of work) and just do treadmill and cross trainer for atleast an hour overall.
whats your goal this week? scale or non scale lets share them :)

Replies

• May I ask why you're choosing to workout for 60 minutes a day like that? Have you been told that the longer you workout the better? Or is it a personal preference? I'm just curious. Don't get me wrong it's great that you're wanting to workout. I'm just wondering why you chose that length of time.
  • TrainingWithTonya
    TrainingWithTonya Posts: 1,741 Member
    My Goals this week:

Workout 6 days
    Sunday: Chest & Triceps, Cardio, Stretch--2 hours
    Monday: Knee Rehab, Cardio, Stretch--1.5 hours
    Tuesday: Back & Biceps, Cardio, Stretch--2 hours
    Wednesday: Knee Rehab, Cardio, Stretch--1.5 hours
    Thursday: Shoulders & Abs, Cardio, Stretch--2 hours
    Friday: Knee Rehab, Yoga or Pilates--1.5 hours
    Saturday: Rest

Eat within calorie ranges all 7 days

Drink a minimum of 10 glasses of water daily

Pass all Finals!!!! :laugh:

BoresEasily: The Institute of Medicine recommends a minimum of 60 minutes a day for health and weight management. The Surgeon General only recommends 30 minutes, but that is a recommendation for health, not weight management. The ACSM (American College of Sports Medicine) recommends 30-45 minutes and 60-90% of maximum heart rate for health and fitness. The only recommendation that specifically says for weight management is 60 minutes. I don't know if that's why Cass89 is doing 60 minutes or not, but that is why I recommend longer workouts to my clients.
  • cass89
    cass89 Posts: 198 Member
    I just choose to go an hour. When I go the gym I do 60 mind anyways, it's just getting there everyday.

Wow thats an interesting way to set out your weekly goals. Good on u! Sounds good! :)
  • yellowfairy
    yellowfairy Posts: 207 Member
    I am still new to working out/weight loss journey-so my goal may seem really low. But, my goal is to fit in 5 days of working out for at least 30 minutes.
  • emmyvera
    emmyvera Posts: 599 Member
    1. My goal is to go to the gym every work night this week, Monday - Friday.

2. Also to do at least 2-3 new classes like yoga or zumba to mix it up.

3. Drink my 8 glasses of water each day.

4. Work hard at the miles in the "December Move Your Butt Challege" on MFP. I'm a little behind ratio-wise. So I'd like to get in 10 miles this week!

Good Luck Everyone. Great idea to list the goals! :heart:
  • TrainingWithTonya
    TrainingWithTonya Posts: 1,741 Member
    For some reason it won't let me edit my post, but when I read the new posts on this thread I looked up and saw my days are labeled wrong. I start my week on Monday, not Sunday, so here is the correct schedule:

Monday: Chest & Triceps, Cardio, Stretch--2 hours
    Tuesday: Knee Rehab, Cardio, Stretch--1.5 hours
    Wednesday: Back & Biceps, Cardio, Stretch--2 hours
    Thursday: Knee Rehab, Cardio, Stretch--1.5 hours
    Friday: Shoulders & Abs, Cardio, Stretch--2 hours
    Saturday: Knee Rehab, Yoga or Pilates--1.5 hours
    Sunday: Rest

Guess I started with Sunday because I was posting on Sunday? Or maybe it was just brain overload from too much studying for finals. Regardless I was planning to use this thread to come back to and post what I've gotten done so I wish I could edit the post so I could just put a smiley beside my workout as I get it done. Oh well. I've done the Chest & Triceps and Cardio so far today. I'll do the stretch in the form of yoga this evening.
  • yellowfairy
    yellowfairy Posts: 207 Member
    I just want to say that I have done two days of my five for working out:)
This discussion has been closed.