money reward

Options
does anybody do the money reward for weight loss? you put a dollar in a jar each time u work out? how do u do it? do u have the money ahead of time and reward yourself as u do it, or do u keep track of how much u do and pay yourself like every Friday or something? I have some good ideas for my reward money :)

Replies

• Carnivor0us
    Carnivor0us Posts: 1,752 Member
    Options
    That's not a bad idea...I wish I'd have more self-control with that money, lol
  • Laurenloveswaffles
    Laurenloveswaffles Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    I don't do it, but I know quite a few people who will put X amount of money in a jar for every pound lost. Then when they reach their goal, they get to use that money.
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    Use the money to buy all the new clothes.

I don't do extra rewards. For me, losing the weight is reward enough. :)
  • AmykinsCatfood
    AmykinsCatfood Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    I'm using a tattoo as my treat when I hit my final goal.
  • WalkingAlong
    WalkingAlong Posts: 4,926 Member
    Options
    There is a site where you can bet against others for winnings based on your weight loss. dietbetter.com.

I don't do the jar thing. I've never been motivated by winning back my own money, but I bet it works for some! I do justify little splurges as rewards for sticking to my diet goals, though.
  • gail1961
    gail1961 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I have heard of putting a marble in a jar for every pound loss. Seeing the jar fill up is motivating. Maybe put a line on the jar 1/2 way and 3/4 of the way up and reward yourself with something when you hit each line.
  • rmartinjr1984
    rmartinjr1984 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I must say that I do like the concept, but I wouldn't have the self control to keep the money in the jar. LOL I have however used a "reward" if you will as motivation. I have always wanted to sky dive, but have always been too heavy because there are weight limits. That has been my motivation since day 1. Once I reach my goal weight (even though I have already lost enough to go), I am rewarding myself with that experience. I will go sky diving as my goal reward. It is great motivation for me! Good luck to you in whichever reward style you choose.
  • michikade
    michikade Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    I use Pact on my phone. I get paid if I fulfill my pact, and if I don't I have to pay $5 for each day I don't.

My current pact is 4 exercises (either at the gym or using Runkeeper for walking or running at at least 2 miles/hr for at least 30 minutes OR at least 10,000 fitbit steps - some days I hit the runkeeper goal and the fitbit steps) and 5 days of logging food with MFP. I've been on a streak for about 6 weeks now.

The payout isn't huge, but it is something extra in Paypal every couple weeks and putting money on the line will make sure I get off my lazy butt, heh.