Paleo Eating

Options
18910111214»

Replies

• mojohowitz
    mojohowitz Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    Apparently the Paleo diet includes humans? One more reason to avoid those who subscribe to it.

Kidding! Don't eat me.

http://archaeology.about.com/od/caterms/qt/cannibalism.htm
  • Steph_135
    Steph_135 Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    This is a question about coconut flour...

Hey everyone, my naturopathic doctor recommended I eat Paleo (long story short).

I tried it for a week, and had the most intense stomach pains ever! (I think/know I was eating too little, but I was worried that it might be from too much meat.)

I was wondering what your (anyone's) take is on coconut flour. Is it Paleo? I see it called for in a LOT of "Paleo" recipes, but I don't quite know. I see coconut oil as Paleo all over the place, but is what about the flour?
  • parkscs
    parkscs Posts: 1,639 Member
    Options
    I'm considering going paleo. What brand of coffee do primitive man drink?

Don't worry. I think Reebok is coming out with their own brand of paleo coffee next month.
  • lindsey1979
    lindsey1979 Posts: 2,395 Member
    Options
    This is a question about coconut flour...

Hey everyone, my naturopathic doctor recommended I eat Paleo (long story short).

I tried it for a week, and had the most intense stomach pains ever! (I think/know I was eating too little, but I was worried that it might be from too much meat.)

I was wondering what your (anyone's) take is on coconut flour. Is it Paleo? I see it called for in a LOT of "Paleo" recipes, but I don't quite know. I see coconut oil as Paleo all over the place, but is what about the flour?

It's just a substitute for your more common grain based flour. A lot of people will also use almond meal/flour. But to be frank, although there are a lot of good substitutions, and many improvements, with paleo versions of things, I've personally found baked goods to be one of the few things that just doesn't translate well to Paleo, unless it's a very dense sort of baked good like banana bread or cheesecake (if you're permitting dairy on something more permissive like Primal). Paleo versions of that are usually quite tasty, but not so much for a lot of the other things. They either end up being very dense due to a lot of nut meal/flour or more starchy/dense due to sweet potatoes or similar tubers used.
  • Steph_135
    Steph_135 Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    Thanks Lindsey!