Egg White suggestions

Fit2_T
Fit2_T Posts: 317 Member
edited September 22 in Recipes
I love my eggs whites for breakfast, but I always make them the same every morning. Microwaved egg whites and a slice of ff cheese. I'd love some new ideas for my eggs. Seasonings or diffent ways to cook them.

Thanks!

Replies

• eillamarie
    eillamarie Posts: 862 Member
    Scramble them in a frying pan. Throw in some salsa when they're almost done.
  • Disciplined74
    Disciplined74 Posts: 298 Member
    My favorite are the southern liquid eggs. Walmart has a great value flavor.

But other than than just start chucking every kind of vegatable in there. Make a deluxe omelet.

I also like to make french toast. I use the 35 calorie bread and sugar free syrup so the calories are hardly nothing (like 100 or so).

So think outside the box and have fun with it. Don't be afraid to try new things.

- Eva
  • marinabrazil
    marinabrazil Posts: 106 Member
    The other day I made a mix that turned out awesome! put it in a frying pan (no oil of course!) mixed with diced tofu and just a little bit of mozzarella cheese, olives, mustard and hot sauce (if you are in to spicy, but maybe just a little bit if you are not) and a bit of curry powder. Just left the cheese to melt and it was sooo good. Even my husband that isn't big of egg white of tofu adored it. Hope I could help.
  • beethedreamer
    beethedreamer Posts: 465 Member
    i make a really yummy egg white scramble. just putting any veggies i have in there and then putting some cheese on top. it's low calorie, high in protein, and so good for you.
  • reneelee
    reneelee Posts: 877 Member
    3 slices of canadian bacon torn into pieces
    4 egg whites
    pam for the pan

1 0unce feta cheese
    2-3 fresh basil
    tomato slices
    4 egg whites

1/4 tsp evoo
    1 garlic clove minced
    tomato slices
    parsley flakes
    4 egg whites

1/4 tsp evoo
    1 garlic clove minced
    1shallot minced
    parsley flakes
    red pepper seeds
    4 egg whites
  • Fit2_T
    Fit2_T Posts: 317 Member
    These are all great! I am trying the french toast for lunch!

Thanks to everyone!
  • I love making them at the microwave at work...super easy. I always add one slice of deli turkey and some 2% mexican blend shredded cheese, and spinach. Delicious, low cal, and loaded with vitamins!
  • I have many food allergies, but I usually have 4oz egg whites with 1/3 cup spinach. But any veggies would work great. I used to microwave but lately I have been using the pan (which changes the texture). This morning I had oatmeal with a diet hot chocolate packet in addition my eggs. SOOOO YUMMMY and ended up with a 215 calorie breakfast! Plus, I felt like I had dessert as well lol! I think mixing things up definitely helps us stay on track since we all know the same old meals get boring! Good luck!
  • 1st cook 2 strips of turkey bacon (crisp); while the bacon is frying, prepare a thin slice of onion & 2 thin slices of tomato & grade cheese of your liking; add 2tsp x-tra virgin oil into a frying pan (@ a high flame); add egg whites reduce the flame to low; then add the onions, tomato, cheese & crumble the bacon for the topping. Cover the pan & reduce the flame to the lowest possible & let cook for about 3-5minutes (covering the pan creates steam & cooks well) This method of cooking creates a deep pan dish......if desired, served w/ whole wheat or whole grain toast dry (no butter)....HAPPY EATING.......:tongue::tongue: :tongue:
This discussion has been closed.