does anyone have any low fat recipies? pork and chicken?

Options
I'm really looking for some good recipies for pork and chicken.
and anything else that someone might like to share.
Thanks!

Replies

• kbaily
    Options
    I have been using a cookbook called "Eat What You Love" written by a nutritionist for people wanting to lose weight and for diabetics. Her name is Marlene Koch and she really knows what she is doing. ALL good. I got mine at Amazon ...
  • Ely82010
    Ely82010 Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    Serves 3

Trader Joe's Butcher Shop - Boneless Center Cut Pork Loin Cutlets, 1 container (20 oz ea.)
    Smucker's Apricot Preserves - Sugar Free/Splenda, 0.5 Tbsp (17g)
    Tropicana - Orange Juice 1 oz.
    Holland House - White Cooking Wine, 2 Tbsp
    Apple - Red W/ Skin, 0.25 large (sliced)
    Onion, Yellow - Raw, 0.25 large (sliced)
    Patrika, and black peeper for seasoning. Since the wine is salted I don't add additional salt

Per Serving: Cal 252; Carbs 6; Sodium: 148; Protein: 44; Sat Fat: 3; Fiber: 1

Season the chops with paprika and brown in a skillet sprayed with vegetable spray. Remove to a plate and brown the onion in the same skillet, until it is soft. Mix together the apricot preserve, orange juice and cooking wine. Return the chops to the skillet, add the previous mix and cook for about 10 minutes, add the black pepper, and then add the sliced apples; cook until they are soft.
    If the chops are thin they will cook fast, if they are thicker, then it will take longer until the pork is done. Adjust the calories according with the ingredients that you add or delete.
    You can use the same recipe for chicken breasts, and for skinless and boneless chicken thights.

Enjoy!:drinker:
  • 4lafz
    4lafz Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    I have many - will have to look up some recipes for you when I have more time. I love to brown a boneless pork chop with a bit of salt, pepper and garlic and place on top of sliced apples in a covered casserole and roast in the oven for 30-40 minutes. I add cinnamon and sage to the apples and place the pork chop on top of them.
  • MissMessVaness
    MissMessVaness Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    cut up some pork (chops or roast either one) cook it all the way, drain the grease. Add some chopped up green chile, onions, garlic (or garlic powder), tomatoes and you have yummy green chile. eat it with some mexican rice using no grease only tomato sauce or whole tomatoes and beans... wonderful mexican dish if you ask me!
  • LadyBarb
    LadyBarb Posts: 116
    Options
    I used Tosca Reno cook book form cleaning and I cook a lot of chicken and fish and turkey. I also used her oxgyen mag. and her clean eating mag. too. She is on facebook, twitter and so am I!

http://www.eatcleandiet.com/

http://www.amazon.com/Tosca-Reno/e/B002LFP40I